2. The Chain

And if you don't love me now

You will never love me again

I can still hear you saying 

We would never break the chain

2. The Chain

" Brilliant Ms. White!" Professor Slughorn exclaimed, looking at the turquoise colored potion as Lyra smiled proudly. " A perfect example of a Draught of Peace. Ten points to Slytherin!" 

He then turned to the cauldron next to hers and made a disgusted face before quickly disguised it with an observing frown. " I believe it is supposed to be blue, Mr. Potter. Turquoise to be exact." he looked up at James who looked like he was about to fall off his chair. 

" See, I was trying to make it more....pretty." he let out a light chuckle.

Lyra glanced at the cauldron to see a pink bubbling potion with bits of sparkles in it. She let out a snort then cleared her throat, trying to hold in her laughter.

" And try powdering the porcupine quills next time" he added right when a porcupine quill floated up and he walked away to check at the next table. 

Lyra scooted her chair closer to the boy who was now laying his head on the table, with his eyes closed and his glasses slightly lopsided. " You alright J? " He opened his eyes and nodded slowly replying " Barely got any sleep last night"

She looked around the room, searching for Remus but he was no where to be seen. 

Lyra has known about Remus and his little problem since the first day she met him. She spent most of her days helping at the Public Hospital for Persons of Insane and Disordered Minds in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA. Those almost healed scars that he had, looked way too familiar.  It didn't take her long to figure out that the marauders were helping him, seeing as they are always less cheerful after a full moon and act very suspicious before one. Though she never outwardly told any of them that she knows, she occasionally drops hints yet none of them seemed to have realized.

" Oh was it the full moon? How did I not notice" she asked with a frown making him sit up straight abruptly. 

" I don't know. How would I know!?! I'm not astrology crazy like you. Ask Sirius!" he said all in one breath, it almost sounded like one whole sentence. 

She turned around, looking for Peter instead but locked eyes with Black himself. They held eye contact. She looked at him sternly as she contemplated if she should actually ask him. It's very rare for her to direct a conversation towards him.

He sat there looking at her. James looked at him, and Lily, who was sitting next to Sirius, looked at Lyra. 

" Excellent! 10 points to Slytherin!" Slughorn said loudly, looking at Severus Snape's work, making James almost fall off his chair again. Sirius blinked for the first time since they locked eyes as Lyra turned around facing her cauldron. 

James winked at a frowning Lily then turned to Lyra. " That was quite the staring contest." 

" I hate him." she whispered back as the class was more quiet now. 

" I think that if you two gave ea-" 

" No." 

" You don't know what he's li-"

" No, James. Drop it." she sent him a stern glare making him lean back with his hands up in a motion of surrender. 

She looked through her copy of Magical Drafts and Potions, as a slightly similar hushed conversation was taking place behind them.