11.

11.             

Lyra woke up the next morning from the greatest sleep she has had in a very long time. It felt like she's had a year's worth of sleep.

Her headrest was soft in texture but felt hard. She rested her hand on her pillow and rubbed it gently, smiling at the thought of the amount of sleep she's got. She loves sleeping. If she could sleep forever and never wake up she would. But that would be like death and she wasn't ready for that yet. 

She felt her pillow slightly move upwards and her eyes flew open.  The first thing she saw was a red, soft-looking material of what she assumed to be a couch. Her eyes focused on her hands and where they were resting. 

Gray soft fabric. Her thumb was next to an undone button. She slowly moved her head to look above her, eyes still squinting. 

After the movie last night, Sirius didn't find it right to leave her alone in a big, dark, empty room, with nothing but a fireplace for a source of heat. Though he doesn't recall how they got in this position, he remembers putting his hands behind his head to make sure he doesn't accidentally touch her without permission in the middle of the night. 

Feeling her breath on his chin, he blinked his eyes open. 

It took a while to realize that she was caressing not a pillow, but in fact a real-life person but as soon as she did, she abruptly sat up and scooted away from him, still not realizing who it was. 

Sirius slowly rose, supporting himself with his elbow as he looked at her. 

" Black?" she squinted. " What did you- oh." she stopped herself remembering the previous night. " I thought you would've left. Isn't it morning already?" she said as she put on her shoes and grabbed her wand. 

She pointed behind her and the projector packed itself in the box. 

" I didn't think it would be right to leave you. Alone." he looked back and forth between her and the box, sitting up to get a better view. 

"You got a watch on you?" she asked. 

" Umm yeah, it's 7:45" he pulled up his sleeve as he bent down to put on his shoe. 

"Okay." she stood up straight so quickly causing her hair to flip to her back, and just walked away to the other side of the room without saying anything. Sirius confusedly watched her as she stood in front of the wall, but soon caught on when a door appeared. 

She came out about 2 minutes later with half of her hair up and half of it down with strands of curls hanging out in the front. 

"Bathroom is over there if you want." she pointed at the door. " I'm gonna go now. Don't wanna miss breakfast. We don't speak of this... okay?" 

"Oh, right" he chuckled awkwardly. He walked to the bathroom door as she jogged to the exit.

Her stomach grumbled as she ran down the stairs to the dungeons. She ran past the common room into the dorms and started changing her clothes. She put on her house sweater and robes. As soon as she was done she ran out of the dungeons and ran the empty corridors to the great hall. When she neared the great hall, she stopped and composed herself, fixed her hair and her robes before calmly walking in. 

Sirius walked in 5 seconds after her. 

She walked to the Gryffindor table with him closely following her. 

"Hey Pete" she ruffled his hair as he hummed in response wiping jam from his mouth. " Sorry, I couldn't help you yesterday. I was exhausted." She was supposed to meet him in the Library to help him with Potions. "I can help you tonight though. Same time same place?" 

 " Yeah, I'll see you there." he smiled. 

She hugged Remus from behind as Sirius sat next to James. " Thank you so much for the notes, Rem. I haven't really looked at them yet but I know they'll help." 

Remus smiled with his face flushed. He cleared his throat and said " Lily helped too!", trying to divert the attention from him. Lyra gave James a fistbump and went to the girls, who were sitting not so far from the Marauders. 

She thanked Lily with a kiss on the cheek. "Marls, you got whipped cream on your face." Lyra said before moving along to the Slytherin table. 

Marlene quickly grabbed the napkin next to her and wiped her mouth --rather harshly--, looking embarrassed. 

" Mate, where were you last night? You missed practice." James asked after swallowing. 

" The room of requirements." Sirius responded putting pancakes on his plate.  

" Ooh, Macauber again? " James smirked. 

" No, I-" he remembered what Lyra had told him and rephrased himself. " Yes, but I fell asleep there after she left." 

"I'm gonna let this one slide. Just because it was Halloween and we have a lot of time to practice." he took a bite of his toast. " But, no more passes." 

<*-*>

" So, where were you last night Lyra?"

" Yeah, you weren't in bed when we woke up." 

"And there's no way you woke up earlier than us after a whole day of doing all of that work." 

" Yeah, so where were you Lyra?"

The three girls were looking at her suspiciously while Regulus had a smug smile on his face, finding the situation funny. 

Lyra knew there was no getting out of this. 

" If you must know, I was in the Room of Requirements." She put a pancake on her plate. 

" Why?"

" I went to watch a movie, and I fell asleep there." 

They looked at each other. 

" I woke up a couple of minutes ago, went to the dorms, changed, and came here. Happy?" she added.

Lyra hated lying, but she always finds a way to twist the truth. She didn't lie to them, she simply didn't give some details she thought weren't necessary for them to know.

" Fine." Veeda responded. " But, don't ever do that again. We were so worried, we thought something happened to you!"

They all raised their eyebrows at her making her roll her eyes. " Fine. I was so worried. I thought something happened to you." She took a sip of her tea and continued. " There's no shame in caring, you know." 

" We know." they all said in unison. 

" And thank you so much for caring, V. But, I'm alive and well." Lyra smiled at her friend.

The marauders were exiting the great hall when they heard a high-pitched voice. 

" Sirius! Wait!" Ruta Macawber ran towards them. They all stopped. So did Sirius' heart. What if they find out he lied? 

" Hey...Ruta" he smiled, looking uncomfortable. 

" Where were you yesterday, Siri? I was looking all over for you."

  Hello fellow readers!!!

I haven't updated for a while but I'M BACK AT IT AGAIN! I had a massive massive MASSIVE writer's block and I still have it but I tried. 

I left this chapter on a cliffhanger because why not hehehe. 

I also couldn't find a song to go with this chapter because there's not really much going on. But if you can think of a song that would work for this chapter please comment it!

Don't forget to vote!