8. People Watching

But I cut people out like tags on my clothing

I end up all alone but I still keep holding

I wanna feel all that love and emotion 

Be that attached to the person I'm holding 

8. People Watching 

Last night, she dreamt that she was drowning again. 

It happens almost every time she sleeps but she doesn't like to think or talk about it. She's had it since before her first year. It always feels so real, like she was trapped in a memory, re-living it over and over again. 

She doesn't know what triggers it or even why she gets it. She considered herself to be pretty good at swimming even though she haven't done it in a long time.  

Lyra always ends up waking up, drenched in sweat. Sometimes, her roommates would be by her side after she makes too much noise in her sleep. 

She was now in Herbology, trying to not fall asleep as Professor Sprout explained that they would be reviewing Mandrakes for their O.W.Ls. Her eyes were drooping when she felt a nudge on the ribs and blinked, looking around at the class that was staring at her. 

" Ms. White. I wouldn't appreciate your face in the pot. We don't want any accidents dear." She smiled. 

The class snickered, meanwhile Sirius was looking at her with a frown.

 She never sleeps in class unless she's sick or something. 

Lyra was now talking to her roommates that were next to her.

" You don't have a class after this right? You should take a break." Amara spoke in a low voice tying her long black hair in a low ponytail. 

" Yeah, I probably will. I just...I couldn't- " 

" You know you don't have to explain." Evgenia Kurtz interrupted from behind her, raising an eyebrow. " Right?" 

" Yeah." she tried to smile but it just looked like she smelled something stinky and she was trying to hide it. 

Veeda put a hand on her back comfortingly, occasionally patting gently.  

Is she sick?  he frowned deeper.

" Quit staring at Lyra man, it's weird." Peter nudged his shoulder with a scrunch of his nose making him blink and put on his gloves. 

" 3...2...1.." 

Deafening high-pitched shrieks were heard as everyone pulled out the baby Mandrakes. A thud was heard and everyone look around. 

" Is he dead?" 

" He's fainted professor. " Peter announced as the other two tried not to laugh.  

" No, he's just being dramatic professor." Lily glared at James on the floor. 

" Am not!" grunted James who was now crawling towards Lily as she slowly shuffled away trying to get away from him. 

As soon as the class was dismissed, Lily was the first to leave. She stormed into the castle as James ran to catch up with her, almost tripping over himself. 

" Hey, you okay?" 

Lyra turned around to the dark-haired boy beside her and gave a half-hearted smile. " I'm fine. Just tired."