5. The seeker

They call me the seeker

I've been searching low and high

I won't get to get what I'm after 

'Til the day I die

5. The seeker 

  Sirius didn't know what to do. He knew what he had to do but he didn't want to do it.

 As a beater, it is part of his job to attack the other team with Bludgers. Their main strategy is to attack the chasers, but mainly the seeker because as long as the seeker doesn't get the snitch, the game goes on. For the past years he has played for the Gryffindor team, he had no problem with attacking the Slytherins and it helped that he didn't specifically have to target all the time because there were three chasers and Lyra was really fast.  

Unfortunately for him and the rest of the Gryffindor team, Lyra has switched with his brother Regulus which now makes him a chaser and she is left with the position of a seeker, making her the main target of the beaters. He told himself not to be too precise when aiming at her but he was worried about the other beater, Arthur Brown. He might not have a lot of experience but once he has the Bludger he plays with confidence and when he swings, he swings hard.  

This was Lyra's strategy. This was exactly why she decided for Regulus and her to switch positions. She knew James too well to not know what he would do. She knew he was going to base everything on the positions they play and how they play them. Since they have never seen her play seeker, and never seen Regulus play chaser, they switched to throw them off their track, and by the looks of it, the plan is working really well.   

Slytherin was leading 220 - 60. The Gryffindors have changed strategies three times already and Lyra knew they were panicking. Regulus was as good a chaser as he was a seeker and so was she. 

The Prewett twins have scored three of the Gryffindors' scores whereas Marlene scored two of them. James was about to have a full-blown panic attack. The snitch was nowhere to be seen but even if he was to catch the snitch now, the Slytherin team would win as they are leading by more than 150 points. 

" McKinnon scores again earning 10 more points to Gryffindor! 220 - 70. " 

" Just one more." James whispered to himself. He looked at Lyra who was slowly circling around the pitch, looking extremely calm. 

Arthur swung his bat sending a Bludger to Razi. He succeeded in dodging it which resulted to the Bludger going into the goalpost. 

" Oh! That was smooth. If only it was a Quaffle." 

The whistle was blown as James signaled a timeout. It has been 3 hours since the game started and it was going really slow.  

The Slytherins sang with their crowd as James scolded his teammates. " Sirius, what are you doing? You haven't sent a single Quaffle towards Lyra and she's been flying around THE WHOLE TIME. And Brown, appreciate the enthusiasm but our main target is Lyra and the chasers which you have not even tried to attack." He was breathing heavily. " Focus on attacking and scoring more because it doesn't matter how much we defend if we don't score. They're already so much against us, we need to catch up. We have to catch up." 

The game continued and for the next 30 minutes, the Gryffindors were playing aggressively. Lyra had to dodge multiple Bludgers from Brown who was angry at his captain's comment. 50 minutes in, Fabian and Gideon scored twice in a row. A moment later, Chelsea scored for Slytherin. 

They were now 230 - 90 and James has started circling around the pitch but Lyra was staying in one area and just observing. She was keeping an eye on James when she felt a bug on her neck so she swung her arm and grabbed at the air, but she ended up catching what felt like the biggest bug she has ever felt. 

She frowned and opened her hand to see the golden snitch, resting at her palm, the flutter of it's wings slowing down. She looked around but nobody seems to have noticed as the game was still going on.    

   " I CAUGHT IT!" she yelled to her teammates. When nobody heard her she turned to the Ravenclaw commentator and screamed again. " JAKE! JAKE I CAUGHT IT! I CAUGHT THE SNITCH!"  she waved the snitch in her hands, beaming ear to ear! 

He squinted looking at her before widening his eyes. 

" SHE CAUGHT THE SNITCH!" Williams screamed, startling everyone. " I REPEAT, LYRA WHITE CAUGHT THE SNITCH! SLYTHERIN WINS 380 - 90. LYRA WHITE EVERYONE HAS -" 

A Bludger sent by Sirius hit her right at the back, throwing her off her broom and into the Hufflepuff stand, and crashing into the ground. There was a moment of silence before all of the players got to the ground. The Slytherins jumped off their brooms and rushed to their captain, shortly followed by the Prewett twins, James, and Marlene with the rest of their team behind them. 

Lily and Remus were pushing through the curious Gryffindors, trying to get off the stand and to their friend. Alice was holding on to Lily's robe. Dorcas had ran down from the Slytherin stands and gotten to Lyra before them. By the time they got there Lyra was being carried away, still clenching the snitch. As she was leaving, the Slytherin stands erupted in cheers. They had only now come to the realization that their house had won. 

Nobody had noticed that Sirius was still on his broom, not moving as he was staring into nothing with his eyes wide. That is until Jake spoke, grabbing everyone's attention. 

" Lyra White has just been hit with a Bludger sent by Sirius Black." Sirius looked like he turned into a ghost. " It is not a surprise for Black and White to attack each other, but that was out of nowhere. A bit extreme I would say. Especially after she had already caught the snitch. You must be a real son of a -" The microphone was snatched from him by Minerva McGonagall. She glared at him before giving it back. 

Jake swallowed hard before yelling. " SLYTHERIN WINS THE MATCH!!!"   

Authors Note: 

Hola!!

I know this isn't much but I didn't really have time to write but I still wanted to let y'all read this. Promise it gets better next chapter. 

Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you ;)

XOXO