10. Lost Boy

I am a Lost Boy from Neverland,

Usually hanging out with Peter Pan,

And when we're bored, we play in the woods,

Always on the run from Captain Hook

10. Lost boy 

Friday, October 31, 1975

Halloween came by quicker than any of the students of Hogwarts have thought. Since it's almost time for Christmas break and the 5th year students have O.W.L.S. this year, teachers have started to drown them in homework and essays. Most of them hadn't realized it was already Halloween until Dumbledor announced it the night before.

" Halloween is tomorrow?" Lyra asked last night making her friends realize how extremely exhausted they all are. Lyra never forgets Halloween.

None of them have gotten any sleep in two days. They would spend their nights in the Astronomy tower trying to finish their essay and their days in their classes. They would try to take naps in between when they have breaks but they end up getting work from other classes.

The Slytherin table was noticeably dull on Halloween morning as most of the 5th years were either not there or they have rested their heads on the table, making them look like they weren't there. This was surprising to the other houses because Slytherins were known for having the most fun on Halloween. Their table is known to be busy with talk of the annual Halloween party.  

Regulus was staring at his plate of pancakes. His red eyes were so wide it looked like they could pop out as he stared unblinkingly making small red veins visible.

" Are you eating that?" Evgenia mumbled with her mouth full of strawberries as she pointed at his plate. He shook his head and she awkwardly slid it over to her side, trying not to move Amara who has rested her head on her shoulder.

" You are gonna throw a party, right?" Barty Crouch Jr. smiled mischievously.

" No party this year, Barty." Lyra tried to open her eyes wider. " Not unless someone else is throwing it."

" What, No!" Barty gasped. " You know the only other people who will have a Halloween party are those Prewett twins. You have to!"

Fabian and Gideon Prewett also throw a Halloween party every year but everybody knows it's because Gryffindors are not allowed into the Slytherin party. 

Hufflepuffs were always welcome and they would bring herbs from the greenhouse, cigarettes,  and different muggle-made substances. Most of them are smokable. Most Slytherins say these are the only muggle-made things they would fully accept. The Ravenclaws were usually there with different 'poisons' and snacks. A Gryffindor was simply not allowed in. Not at all. 

It is known to be the biggest party of the year and the Gryffindors couldn't stand that they weren't allowed in so they throw their own party. Much fewer people, much less food, much fewer drinks, much less music, and much less dancing, but regardless, a decent party. The twins know how to have fun. 

Many of them have tried to get in multiple times. Whether it was by Polyjuice, trying to create a distraction, or in the marauders' case, an invisibility cloak, but despite all that, no Gryffindor has ever managed to pass through the impressively strict and effective security.       

" We're all really tired, mate. " Avery threw a lazy arm over the boy's shoulder. " So is most of the 5th and 7th years. It's just better if there was no party today."