12. Dorcas Meadows

" Where were you yesterday, Siri? I was looking all over for you." Ruta Macawber looked up at Sirius innocently. 

The three boys behind him all frowned and looked at each other, then back at him, curiously waiting for his answer. Sirius on the other hand was frozen, staring at the girl in front of him with slightly wide eyes as his mind buzzed searching for something, anything to say. 

" I was with...you" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

"With me? What do you mean with me?"

"Y-Yeah. Yes. I was with you" He said more confidently now. "In the room of requirements. Don't you remember, baby?"

Ruta seemed confused yet ashamed. She frowned as she looked around, trying to remember. 

"Oh, I must've forgotten then. I probably had too much firewhiskey yesterday, you know, to help me sleep" 

"It's okay baby, no need to apologize. " he put his hand in his pockets and smirked down at her. 

"See ya later then. " She smiled as she started to walk away, her face flushed with embarrassment. 

" That was weird" Peter spoke as he led the boys out of the Great Hall. 

"Yeah, so weird" Sirius chuckled as Remus looked at him suspiciously. 

James had disappeared, following a certain redhead to the other side of the hall. 

" Prongs, class is this way!" Peter yelled out as the boy turned the corner and out of sight. 

---

" Morning Star" Mintz smiled when Lyra pulled the chair next to him. 

"Morning Dre" She put a hand on his shoulder as she sat down. 

Charms was always an interesting class to be in. Filled with Hufflepuffs and Slytherins, it is either very chaotic and concerning or wholesome and peaceful. No in-between. According to Headmaster Dumbledore, Slytherins are mostly themselves not when with their housemates, but in the company of a fellow Hufflepuff.  

Today, a Monday morning after Halloween, the classroom was quiet.  

Standing on the table at the front of the classroom, Professor Flitwick looked at Lyra with a raised eyebrow. She mouthed an apology so as not to disturb the quiet classroom. Flitwick gave her a small nod and waved his arm for her to get back to work. 

"Did you hand in the papers already?" Andres whispered. 

"Yeah, I left it in his office. I figured I would-" 

The door slammed closed making her stop speaking. A panting girl walked in with her hand up high as she put her other hand on her chest. 

"It's alright Ms. Meadows, take a seat." Flitwick smiled. 

"You okay, Dorcas?" Andres asked the girl as she sat next to Lyra. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," She said still panting. "I overslept and no one in my dorm woke me up." 

"Oh, that's a bit shitty. Why wouldn't your friends wake you up." 

"They're not my friends. We just share a dorm" She responded as she looked through her bag. 

Lyra doesn't know Dorcas very well, but she always says hello when she sees her. She usually sees her with Alice so she assumed she was also a 7th year, but she was wrong. Dorcas seems only to be seen with Alice or Mary. Sometimes she sees her in the Library with Lily, Marlene and the rest of the Gryffindor girls. Lyra hasn't even seen her in the Slytherin common rooms.