The first breath

Jaenys Velaryon, the first and only daughter of Laenor and Rhaenyra. The girl was believed to be the only true born child of pure Velaryon and Targaryen blood.

Jaenys cared very little about the opinions of others until her brothers came along. They had wavey brown hair and even if she didn't mind, it seemed to bother others. She loved her brothers and she would do anything to protect them.

The young girl was never interested in sewing, instead she rather send her time in the dragon pit and training with the boys.

Jaenys walked through the garden with her father, Ser Laenor on a sunny day.

"When can I get my own dragon?" She asked Laenor.

She was given 2 dragon eggs but neither hatched.

"That's actually what I wished to speak to you about," Ser Laenor replied.

Jaenys looked up at her father filled with curiously and waited.

"I've decided that instead of waiting for another egg you should claim the dragon Tyrax."

"I thought he was going to be claimed by Aemond." Jaenys said.

"He was but instead Aemond will receive an egg from Syrax's next clutch."

She was excited but scared. She felt a knot in her stomach from the nerves. Tyrax was not yet an adult dragon but he was certainly big enough to pass for one. He had black scales and sharp teeth, he was quite beautiful.

Laenor took Jaenys to the dragon pit alone and had them bring out Tyrax.
He had taught his daughter what to say and took a step back.

Jaenys walked closer to Tyrax, she felt the hairs on her neck stand and then reached her hand to his nostrils.

Tyrax growled at her and even though she felt paralyzed with fear she called him to heal.

"Dohaerās Tyrax!, Lykirī," she commanded and Tyrax obeyed.