Dinner with Bastards

Jaenys walked into the dinner room joining her brothers in conversation

"Best behavior got it?" She warned them.

King Viserys came into the room being lifted in a chair. Everyone stood up until he told them to sit.

"This is an occasion for celebration it seems. My grandson's Jace and Luke will marry their cousins Baela and Rhaena for the strengthening the bond between our houses." Viserys said. Jaenys smiled and lifted her glass.

Jaenys was seated between Baela and Luke. Aemond sat in silence with a look of trouble on his face. Darion had changed his mind about coming to dinner and Jaenys was somehow relieved.

"Prayer before we begin?" Alicent asked everyone.

"Yes"

Before Jaenys closed her eyes she glanced at Aemond again she knew something was troubling him.

"May the mother smile down on this gathering of love, may a Smith mend the bonds that have been broken and to Vaemond Velaryon, May the gods give him rest."

Jaenys let out a small chuckle at the mention of Vaemond. She quickly put her fingers on her mouth and Daemon smirked at her.

Viserys then stood up as best he could.

"It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table, the faces most dear to me in the world, who had to grown so distant from each other  in the past years." Said Viserys as he took off his mask. The side of his face was almost fully gone.

"My own face is no longer handsome one," he says then chuckles, everyone else did not. "If indeed it ever was, but tonight I wish you to see me as I am. Not just a king. But your father. Your brother. Your husband and your grandsire, who it seems may not walk for much longer among you. Let us no longer hold ill feelings in our hearts. The crown cannot stand if the house of the dragon remains divided, set aside your grievances if not for the sake of the crown then for the sake of this old man who loves you so dearly." He said sternly.

Jaenys bit the inside of her lip so hard she tasted the blood as Viserys sat back down.

Rhaenyra stood up and raised her glass. "I wish to raise my cup to her grace the queen. I love my father but I must admit no one has stood more loyally by his side and his Good wife," Rhaenyra says looking at Alicent. "She has tended to him with unfailing devotion, love and support and for that she has my gratitude and my apology."