The Rouge Princess

It had been weeks since the ordeal with Jaenys and her dragon

It had been weeks since the ordeal with Jaenys and her dragon. The Princess spent her time with Daemon planning Dragonstones defenses better. King Viserys was still alive only needing help of a cane to walk, he had not yet become bedridden but anyone could see it coming.

"I need you to go to Kings Landing." Daemon said.

"Why me?" She complained

Jaenys never complained when Daemon would ask something of her, she saw it as her duty. But Kings Landing was a personal hell for her.

"I have men in the city watch loyal to me I will give you their names," he said dodging her question.

Rhaenyra placed her hand on her daughters back.

"I need you to take my place at court Jaenys." Rhaenyra added.

Jaenys sighed. She knew this was her duty though she did not like it she wanted to help her mother.

"My men in the city watch will help you if they are needed."

"To kings landing then," she sighed.

"I do not wish for you to be alone there so I have asked Justane Royde to accompany you," Rhaenyra said as she cupped her daughters face giving he a kiss on her forehead.

It was then time to go. She said good bye to her mother and Daemon first. Then to Jace and Luke. Jace had given up his claim to Driftmark expressing that he was to join the Kings guard when our mother ascended the Iron Throne, although he was still to marry Baela.

Luke was the heir to Driftmark, he couldn't turn it down seeing as he was the second born son of Laenor. 

She took Luke's hand, he was her baby brother who stayed a baby. She kissed him forehead.

"Write to me brother?" She asked and they nodded.

Jaenys would be writing to Daemon daily telling him the events of court and the castle. She understood why it was her duty and so be it.

IN KINGS LANDING

Jaenys had just arrived on her dragon, he was to big for the dragon pit so she planned to let him roam where he wanted.

Jaenys was greeted by Alicent Hightower, Crispin cunt and Otto hightower.

"I understand you are here to take your mother's seat on the council Princess," Alicent said as Jaenys nodded in agreement.

"Family dinners are non negotiable, you are a Targaryen so you will eat with us." Alicent added.

Jaenys glanced at Justane. "I will be at every dinner with my companion."

Alicent looked back at Otto as he gave her a go ahead nod. "So be it.''

Jaenys walked pass them making sure to greet See Criston after all he was shooting her death glares the whole time.