Catch me when I fall

The night before the attack

Aemond stared out of his window, tomorrow his family would fall, he knew this because Jaenys had rallied 56 houses to her side, with an army of 40 thousand strong soldiers along with 8 adult dragons, his family didn't stand a chance.

Jaenys had not sent any ravens to kings landing she didn't want them to know or prepare for the attack. She saw Aemond deep in thought and she came up behind him wrapping her arms around him. He glanced at her but said nothing.

"What are you planning to do with my family?" He asked.

"Execute and imprison." She answered letting him go.

"I assume you plan to execute Aegon and my mother."

"Aegon and your grandfather will be executed yes, as for your mother she will be imprisoned, only because of the fact she is your mother." Jaenys said putting down her Valyrian steel sword.

"So you're basically going to kill them all." Aemond said turning to her. 

"Your mother and your grandfather stole my mother's throne and put your brother on it and as for your brother he killed my mother, that's a crime I cannot forgive."

"Yes my brother killed your mother, but I killed your brother but yet here I am still standing still alive still breathing."

"You said it was an accident did you not and as I can remember Jace gave you a nice beating for that." She said also putting down her new her bow and arrows.

"All I'm saying is maybe they don't need to die."

"What else do you want me to do? You ask that I wait so you could plead with your mother to yield before we start the attack. I granted you that I don't know what else you want me to do. As Queen there are decisions that I have to make, ugly decisions that I will have to make to protect the people I love." She said angrily. She was missing her mother, son and brother, she kept losing people.

Aemond understood. In fact, if he didn't love Jaenys, his family would have probably done worse to her.

"Send Aegon to the wall let him take his vows he will abandon our family name abandon the throne but at least he would be alive." He pleaded finally.

"If only he granted my mother that same fate. No Aegon will die."

He approached her and cupped her face, tears were forming in her eyes.

"My sweet wife, I beg you, show mercy to my brother."

Jaenys felt hurt and angry, she pushed Aemond away. "You cannot ask this of me! He killed my mother, the person who is there for me and gave me life he took her away from me! I understand you love your brother Aemond but I loved my mother and I loved my brother and now they're dead justice must be served."

"Then take my life." He whispered.

Jaenys shook her head in disbelief and sat on her bed she was so tired. "Aemond please. Not tonight. Please."

Aemond sat next to her and hugged her. "You're right I shouldn't ask you to make this decision."
He knew what he had to do even if that meant he'd probably be sentenced to death for it.

"Do you remember when we were kids, before I got a dragon.... Before you got a dragon." She asked him.

"You need to be more specific."

She chuckled. "Our families were always somewhat divided. I'm talking about the first day I showed up in the training court yard, I could barely hold a sword. I remember Aegon teasing me about it but you. You helped me... you told him to shut his mouth and pushed him, you protected me, you were small but so fierce."

"He pushed me back if I remember." Aemond said giving her a small smile.

"I didn't fall in love with you that first night that we connected physically, I fell in love with you in that moment as children when you protected me." She said as a tear fell down her face. "We were so small but you was so brave you didn't let anything stop you.... I wanted to be as brave as you."

"You are mabye even braver." He said wiping her tears. "This may or may not be our last night together but all I want to do is spend it with you, just laying here with you looking down at your beautiful face is all I wanted to do tonight."

Jaenys smiled and kissed her husband passionately. She loved him so much, Aemond made her happy.

"This won't be a last night together because I know if I fall you'll be right there to pick me up." She whispered.

Aemond smiled down at her, their lives could've been so different if not for their families. He helped her take off her dress and she helped him take off his clothes. They lay down together and Jaenys rested her head on Aemond's chest. She just wanted to feel his skin on hers, all she wanted was to be in his arms. He rested his hand on her belly and smiled down at her.

"Do you think it is a girl or boy?" He asked.

"I do not know but if it is a boy I wish for the name to be Laenor and if it is a girl... Rhaenyra." She said looking up at him.

"Beautiful names." He said as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

They lay there in silence until Jaenys spoke.

"I understand you love your brother Aemond, but he chose to fly to Dragonstone and in doing so killing my mother and that I cannot forgive."

He traced his fingers against her skin. "I know."

"I love you Aemond."

"I love you Jaenys."