New wives New lives

Alyssa Blackwood

Alyssa Blackwood

It had been 2 years since Jaenys had been without Aemond. At first she would spend everyday in her room or with her dragon and when Aemond married Alyssa Blackwood she felt broken. She wouldn't have believed Aemond would marry. Eventually she got over the hurt but she was angry she spent her days training, riding Tyrax and assisting Daemon.

Her family was preparing for the guest. It was her brother Aegon's  first name day.

She prepared herself and made sure the castle was guarded. She wanted everything to go well, for her mother's sake.

Her dress

Her dress

The guest started filling the room congratulating Rhaenyra and Daemon.
She noticed Aegon, Helaena, Alicent and Otto. Viserys was also in attendance but his health was deteriorating, he vowed on his death bed he would never miss this.

She stood in the corner with Jacaerys by her side watching everyone having a good time.

Alicent approached Jaenys asking to speak to her in private. Jaenys nodded to Jacaerys signalling him to leave.

"Anything I can help you with my queen." She said still looking Infront of her instead of Alicent. 

"You never attended Aemonds wedding," she said calmly.

"That was merely a year ago I had duties to attend to." Jaenys replied.

Alicent made a hum sound and touched her arm.

"I hope you will be wed soon after all you are your mother's only daughter," Alicent said then walked away.

Jaenys had gone through a hard time these past few years and she did not wish to re live it.

All of a sudden the music got quiet.

"Introducing Prince Aemond Targaryen and Lady Alyssa Blackwood." Someone announced.

There he was. With his wife holding onto is arm.

Jacaerys and Lucerys came to her side. She squeezed Lucerys hand. Her brothers had became protective of their older sister this past few years. Lucerys was still gentle only fighting when he absolutely had to or training.
As for Jace he had became better with his sword and fighting.

Jaenys took a deep breath and grabbed a cup of ale.

"Are you sure about that?" Jace asked his sister.

"Why not? It's a celebration is it not." She said drinking it all going in for another.

She walked around and Daemon grabbed a cup out of her hand drinking the rest.

"Try not to kill anyone." He told her.

She was getting another drink when she bumped into someone. Alyssa Blackwood.

"You must be Princess Jaenys I've heard lots about you." She said

"I'm sure you have."

Jaenys was prepared to walk away but Alyssa held her hand.

"I do hope you respect my marriage while I am here."

Jaenys wanted to punch her right there but instead she gave her a fake smile telling her

"I'm not the one who promised to respect you or your marriage, you want my respect? I have none to give you." She growled pulling her hand away and walked off.

Aemond had been watching Jaenys from a distance. He hated himself for not marrying her when he had the chance. When his mother told him of Lord Blackwoods proposal his mother told him he'd be uniting two great houses for the greater good. So he did he married her, treated her with respect and overall the perfect husband.

But he could not bury his feelings for Jaenys Velaryon, the white haired bastard as many had called her. He burned for her and he wondered if she still burnt for him.

His wife came to him breaking his train of thought. She pulled him to the dance floor. Alyssa was a good wife although he knew she could be spiteful at times.

He danced with her. She was beautiful and he did his best to make her happy though they had their bad moments like every married couple.

Jaenys had still never been with anyone but Aemond. She wasn't interested. Though she was of age she was not married. Men brought her extravagant gifts pleading for her hand in marriage.
Some even vowed to kill enemies for her. She thought it was funny yet annoying. She turned them all down though they kept coming back with more gifts and promises.

Jaenys sat at the table drinking watching Aemond and Alyssa dance.
He seemed pleased with her. She was about to retire to her chambers when someone grabbed her spinning her around.

Justane Royce

He always seemed to make her enjoy the time she had with him

He always seemed to make her enjoy the time she had with him. He was no longer a knight but a future Lord.

She smiled at him.

"I am happy to see you," she said as they circled each other.

"So am I Princess." He replied " You look beautiful."

Mabye it was the ale and wine but for a while Jaenys forgot Aemond was there.

Aemond watched her intensely. He wondered if she had feelings for Justane Royde. He started to approach her but Jacaerys pushed him back stopping him.

"Leave her this isn't the place or time," Jacaerys warned him.

"Hm," Aemond said and walked away.

The princess had resumed her drinking and briefly making eye contact with Aemond.

Alyssa walked up to her husband greeting him with a passionate kiss.
She could feel the fire in her growing but knew this wasn't her night.