The Beginning of a New life

"We stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife: one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever.”

AFTER THE WEDDING CEREMONY

Many lord's and lady's travelled for this royal wedding. Jaenys watched her guest drink and dance. Her eyes drifted to her mother and brothers. She was returning to Dragon stone with them once the celebration was over.

Aemond drank his wine with Alyssa sitting next to him.

"Will you ever speak to me again?" Alyssa whispered.

"Yes," Aemond answered.

"Well you don't ta-," she started being cut off.

"A toast to my beautiful new wife!" Darion said lifting his cup as everyone cheered and clapped.

Helaena was sitting next to Jaenys, she wasn't interested in anything going on she just kept mumbling the same thing.

"A child of silver and the child of brown one is dead and one is lost."

She asked Helaena what it meant but Helaena wouldn't even look at her.

"Princess?" Lord Corlys called standing behind her.

"Grandfather I am glad to be seeing you again." She said as she got up to hug him, she had not seen her grandfather since the death of her father she tried to avoid drift Mark as much as possible she could not help but feel haunted when she was there.

Lord Corlys always had a soft heart for the girl especially seeing her father's body burnt to a crisp, he always felt like it was his fault for his son's death and leaving his granddaughter with this emotional wound that will never heal.

"Your father would have been proud," said Lord Corlys as he planted a kiss on her forehead. Jaenys did not speak much about her father as a matter of fact she tried not to at all. Though she thought of him very often, today he would have danced with her he would have been the one to give her away she couldn't help but miss him on today of all days.

"Thank you grandfather." Tears were forming in her eyes she tried to hold them back. She loved her father, though he wasn't always around he chose her dragon, he helped her train and then one day he was gone.

Princess Rhaenys came to her granddaughter pulling her into a hug whispering into her ear "I know child I miss him too."

Princess Rhaenys and Lord Corlys went back to the seats. She sat back down and glanced to her side at her husband. The servant girl was pouring wine into his glass, she noticed him giving the servant girl a lusty stare and she returned it. Jaenys scoffed. Aemond noticed this and got up making his way to his niece offering her a dance. She took his hand and they made that way into the crowd and dance together.

"One day you and I will get the happy ever after we long for." He told her.