Love the way you lie

~ Baby, please come back, it wasn't you, baby, it was me, maybe our relationship isn't as crazy as it seems. Maybe that's what happens when a tornado meets a volcano. All I know is I love you too much to walk away though~
Love the way you lie by Rihanna and Eminem

🤍chapter 24:a nice surprise🤍

I spent the rest of the evening with my friends at the arcade and for a slip moment I forgot about my worries, I forgot about my broken stereo. It was fun and I had a good time, that's all that matters. Both me and Hanma played air hockey...and he lost. He didn't take it too good though.

"Come on, dude, we gotta go", Ran tried to pull Hanma out, because he was hiding under the air hockey table.

"Go without me", Hanma said with a sad voice and looks at us with teary eyes, "I can't let the world see me after this defeat".

Gosh, he's so dramatic, I rolled my eyes as I watched both Haitanis take Hanma by the legs and the hands to pull him out.

It took us some time, but we finally convinced Hanma that it's not that big of a deal to lose a game of air hockey to a girl fifteen times. Of course, I was happy with my victory, but I decided to be a good person today and let him heal from this traumatic event.

We dropped Rin and Ran back at their house and we stopped to see Baji on our way to my house. I haven't seen Chifuyu since the incident in my room. And honestly...I didn't want to see him until I cool off.

Hanma parks the car in front of my house and I got out, but before I could close the door I see Hanma's face. He was smiling from ear to ear and his eyebrows were moving up and down. It creeped me out a little bit.

"What did you do?", I let out a sigh.

"Nothing! Why would you think that?", he said in a ready voice and goosebumps ran through my body, "come on, go in".

I felt really uneasy after I saw that creepy smile on Hanma's face. I'm used to him smirking and teasing me, but right now I feel like he did something and I can't understand what.

He left after I closed the door of his car and I waited a couple minutes before I got in. The house was empty, just like I expected it to be and there was food on the counter. I immediately ran to my room and I slowly opened the door. Okay, so there's nothing burning, call my paranoid, if you want, but I know Hanma. He's like that.

I threw my bag on my bed and I sat down for a minute to make sure there's no prank waiting for me hidden somewhere. And then I finally noticed it. A brand new stereo sitting on the same spot my old one used to be. I jump on my feet and I walk up to it only to find a note on it, that said:

'Sorry for breaking your old one. I hope this one works better for you-Mitsuya'.

"No way", I said out loud as I was looking at the brand new stereo with two new CDs on top of my desk, I smiled so bright that day, I felt like I was on cloud nine, "no fucking way!".

I pull out my phone from the pockets of my jacket and I call him. It took him a minute, but Mitsuya finally answered the phone. I could hear him smiling through the phone.

"Hey~", he spoke first.

"I can't believe you bought me a new stereo", I got straight to the point, "are you crazy? These things are so expensive, I can't accept it".

"Don't worry about it, I think it's only fair after breaking your old one", he explained and then a minute of silence came between us.

I felt the tension growing more and more, a lump appeared in my throat and it was hard for me to breathe. I don't know why the mood changed so drastically, but it can't be good.

"Y/n", Mitsuya spoke and a deep sigh followed after my name, "I can't do this anymore".

"What are you talking about?", I asked him.

"I like you so much, I like you more than I thought I would like somebody. And I think you can see that, right?".

"Yes, I can".

"But I'm tired of playing this game, I'm tired of being in a battle 24/7 for your heart, I'm tired of fighting for your love everyday", he sounds very serious and I felt so guilty for making him feel this way, "I don't wanna push you, but please can you make that decision soon? Even, if you don't pick me, I'm okay with it. I just want you to be happy and that's all, even if I'm not the one, who'll make you happy".

"I..I know", I sat on my bed trying to collect my thoughts. Even, if I try to choose between my best friend and the guy I've been in love with all these years, it automatically means that I'll lose one of them. I don't want that.

"You have nothing to worry about", Mitsuya said like he read my mind, "you will never lose me, no matter who you choose".

"I can't say the same about Chifuyu".

"Chifuyu is a smart guy and he knows the possibility of you choosing me. And it will hurt him, but I'm pretty sure he'll never leave his best friend and the person he loves most", Mitsuya once again made a pause, "and I'm not trying to interfere in your relationship with him, but you shouldn't be feeling pressured to be in a relationship with somebody, just because you don't wanna lose them as a friend".

After those words it finally hit me. I knew what to do all along, I thought to myself. I didn't realise that all I did the past few days with Chifuyu was just my desperate attempts to keep him close to me again and not actually my feelings for him.

As I said many times I love Chifuyu more than I love myself, but this 'love' isn't romantic, it's more pure than that. I was so scared that I'll lose my best friend that I let him do whatever he feels with me. It felt wrong the whole time, and good at the same time, because my body wanted it, but not my soul.

I felt like crying at that moment. Mitsuya might've heard my sobs, because his gentle voice appeared and it calmed me down.

"It's okay, y/n", he spoke to me, "we all have this one person that we are scared of losing, scared to dead even. But unfortunately you have to let them go, if they no longer want to be in your life. It's how life works".

"Do you have this person?", I asked him.

"Yes", he answered immediately, "I'm talking to this person right now".

"I'm the person you're scared of losing?".

"I'm not only scared, I'm terrified", Mitsuya said and I could feel his smile even through the phone, his energy too, "you mean the world to me, y/n, you don't understand. You don't understand how much you changed me. And the thought of losing you is my biggest nightmare, but...if that's what you want, I have no right to stop you".

UNEDITED