10

"What about me?" Taehyun asks back "What's your story Kang Taehyun? What i do know is that you're pretty fucking popular but other than that, you're hard to read."

"So you can read people?" Taehyun asks in attempt to change the subject since the last thing he wanted to talk about was himself and his backstory. "Don't change the subject." Well shit. "There's nothing interesting about me really." He says. That was one of his many tactics to lure the person asking about his life, his past.

"Bullshit."

"Why do you say that?" he said, looking down at his feet. Truth was, no matter how hard he tried to hide them, he knew his past would always dig it's way out and haunt him for as long as he lived. The only person he'd spoken to about his past was his now ex of seven years and he hadn't really told her much anyway. It was only a few years ago when he learned about his dad and what had actually happened "Your father didn't just take off Taehyun.

He hung himself a week after your birth and I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier but I just didn't know when the right time would be." He still remembered the sudden pain he felt come over his chest, the last few words his mother uttered where muffled as if they where being said under water and it was suddenly getting harder to breathe. He ended up having a panic attack which was pretty much something he was used to already but this one was worse than the others.

The loss of his father (that he never knew) wasn't the only disappointment his life had in store for him. He was just about 8 years old when his mother started to bring home her new boyfriend which he didn't mind at first. All he wanted was for her to be happy so he never complained even though there was something about her boyfriend that made his skin crawl anytime he touched him or whispered into his ear. "Come sit next to me mouse." he had said once when Taehyun's mom wasn't there.

Taehyun had pretended not to have heard him, trying to make his was upstairs quietly "I said come here." he'd said a bit louder this time. He finally gave in, slowly making his way to the couch and sitting next to him. "That's a good little mouse." he whisper into his ear. "Here." he'd said, holding out the cigarette he was smoking to Taehyun. "No thank you." For some reason he felt that he needed to be cautious with his choice of words around the man "It's okay T. You'll probably end up smoking when you're older anyway. I smoked when I was younger than you it's really no biggie." Taehyun had looked down at the cigarette than back up at the man holding it out "Try it before you deny it." he said with a wink.

And he did end up smoking a lot as he got older, just like the man said. He never knew his name. In his head, he was just the man that gave him a cigarette one time or just that man his mom once dated. His mom eventually got a job that required a lot of business trips but it got them by so he never really complained since he was used to being home alone. And since he had no one to distract him, he self harmed. It was the only way he could keep the past, in the past. Whenever it would get bad, he would clean to distract himself since his mom wasn't home.

Laundry, cleaning his room, scrubbing the gaps between the tile floors with a toothbrush and everything in between. And he'd exhaust himself till midnight and at that point he would knock out on the couch. It was a routine he was used to but sometimes it wasn't enough so he'd take sleeping pills from his mom's drawer to make the voices stop for good. That was life for Taehyun. Truth is there was no amount of scrubbing and sweeping that could change the hurt inside.

"You don't have to tell me now, but I'll find out who you are soon Kang Taehyun."

"Trust me, you won't. I keep to myself, even when it comes to my mom." Taehyun says, praying that Beomgyu would give up "It's okay. I'll bring you out of your shell, remember that when I get to know you inside out." Taehyun just smiles and scoffs at the statement.

--

"Okay what's your favourite 1950s song?" Beomgyu asks. They where now laying on seperate couches in Beomgyu's living room. "Easily That's Amore by Dean Martin." Taehyun answers "Oh so you're a cliché?" Beomgyu asks, looking over at him with a smile "Am not." Taehyun says playfully "Fine then mister cliché, what's yours?" he asks "I only have eyes for you by The Flamingos." "But that's cliché too!" They continued to bicker about it for a while, discussing more of their favourite vintage music.

It was crazy how much they really had in common the more they got to know one another. They where now laying on opposite sides of the same couch "You know, you have really feminine features for a boy." Taehyun says out of no where "Thank you...?" Beomgyu says as Taehyun giggles "It's a compliment." he smiles, sitting up and looking at him.

"Well since we're complimenting now, I think you have a pretty smile." Beomgyu says while sitting up too. "I've always been terrible with compliments." he says, sratching his neck "Who would've thought." Beomgyu giggles "I bet you've gotten loads of them." he says "Not from anyone who matters." Taehyun says, running a hand through his hair.

"Oh, get over yourself." Beomgyu scoffs jokingly.

--

Sorry I'm such a slow updater
tbc.