005

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI CLICKED HER TONGUE, Ean'ora rising besides her with a happy chirp. She could feel the eyes of the brothers behind her as she smoothed a hand over the ilu's smooth skin and felt it's heartbeat under her palm.

Turning to face them, she grinned mischievously. "It might be a bit of a tight fit."

She watched the confusion fill their eyes, Lo'ak turning to Neteyam and blinking quickly before tilting his head. "What do you mean?"

Neteyam shook his head slowly as his golden eyes flickered between the ilu and her. "That's not happening."

Ean'ora chirped loudly as if in agreement and Tsa'tvayi smoothed a hand over her head. "It definitely is."

The two held eye contact in a battle of will, a smile bright on Tsa'tvayi's face as Neteyam's tail twitched behind him. Finally, the boy let out a groan and threw his hands in the air. "Fine."

Lo'ak stepped forward and waved a hand between the two, breaking the eye contact between Tsa'tvayi and Neteyam. "What's not happening, bro?"

Tsa'tvayi turned to him and held out a hand, the younger boy hesitantly placing his five-fingered hand in hers. Lo'ak's ears lowered as he threw her an embarrassed hand and began to retract his hand, as if he had forgotten their difference. Tsa'tvayi didn't let go, instead tightening her hold and tugging him closer to the ilu.

""We're riding Ean'ora a bit further into the water, you won't find anything good so close to the shore."

Lo'ak's tail switched violently behind him, his ears popping up in excitement as he stepped forward rapidly. "Really?" He blinked, and Tsa'tvayi could only see Tuk's excitement in his eyes. They were definitely family.

"Really," she assured, a similar excitement causing her tail to wrap around her leg.

"Yes!" He pumped his fist in the air, a movement that had Tsa'tvayi's head tilting in wonder. She'd never seen anyone do anything like that before. Deciding to ask about it at a later time, she turned back to Ean'ora.

"I will sit in the front as neither of you know how to ride yet," she stated while swinging her leg over the ilu and tightening her fist on the saddle. "I don't know who wants to be at the end and who wants the middle, that's up to you."

From the corner of her eye she saw the brothers exchanging glances, Tsa'tvayi making the tsaheylu with Ean'ora. "But," she hesitated slightly before turning to glance at them, "I imagine Neteyam would prefer Lo'ak sits in the middle."

Neteyam tilted his head at her words, his eyes flashing curiously. "Why is that?"

Tsa'tvayi lips twitched at the question. "Every step your siblings have taken has been under your watch. I can't see you being comfortable with your younger brother riding the back of the Ilu where you can't see him."