019

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI GRINNED AS SHE dived into the water, the coolness of the liquid embracing her in a comforting hug. She swam deep, her chest brushing against the sand as she gazed at the life around her. It felt like so long since she had taken the time to swim in peace, the past days leaving her head aching from the quickness of everything.

She held a hand out, a small fish brushing carefully against her hand before swimming away. Tsa'tvayi felt happier than usual as she leisurely pushed her body through the clear water, her mind filled with the feeling of Neteyam's body against her in the hammock.

They had laid together in the hammock that Kiri had helped her make, their bodies enveloped in each other. The voices of his family filled the air as the life of the forest moved around, birds chirping and leaves fluttering. Neteyam had bushed a hand under her chin and directed her to look up.

It had been amazing, to see the eclipse between the tops of the trees, the forest alight with glowing colors around them. Tsa'tvayi could understand the longing they felt for their home, she already wished to return to the forest and it wasn't hers.

Letting out a breath, the air bubbling around her, Tsa'tvayi kicked off of the ocean floor and sped to the surface, her head breaking the water with a small splash.

The sun warmed her skin immediately, the girl lifting a hand to brush the water from her eyes. She could see Tuk in the distance, the younger girl's darker skin an easy identifier compared to the rest of the Metkayina clan. Tsa'tvayi lifted a hand and waved, "Tuk!"

The smaller body ran to her, Tuk splashing the water as she rushed to meet her. "Tsa'tvayi," she grinned. "Can we ride the ilu today?"

Tsa'tvayi nodded, a small smile on her lips. "We can, you can name your ilu today."

Tuk beamed. "Really?" She squealed as she reached Tsa'tvayi. "What did you name yours?"

"Ean'ora," she replied before calling for the ilu, this time a slightly smaller one joining her own. Blue lake, the name fitting the ilu as its skin shimmered a greenish-blue that Tsa'tvayi had only encountered in the small lake within the forest.

Ean'ora swam forward and brushed her face against Tsa'tvayi's side, the girl reaching down a hand and running it over the ilu's head.

"Ean'ora," the younger girl repeated as the smaller ilu chirped, Tuk copying Tsa'tvayi's actions and soothing a hand over its head.

"Are you a boy?" She asked. "Or a girl?"

The ilu let out a series of offended chirps, Tsa'tvayi covering her mouth as a laugh escaped her. Til turned to her, her brows furrowed as a small put played on her lips. "What?" She huffed.