021

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

EVERYTHING SEEMED TO FREEZE as the akula stared hungrily at her, its yellow eyes seeming to glow under the water. Tsa'tvayi watched as the akula opened its mouth, her heart racing in her chest at the action.

Tsa'tvayi didn't hesitate as she kicked off of the rocks and tried to swim away, her chest burning with the effort as she felt, more than heard, the beast give chase. She knew it was faster than her, stronger than her, and wouldn't have her necessity for air.

She wouldn't survive it.

Gritting her teeth, Tsa'tvayi swam harder, her muscles aching. She wouldn't survive it, but she could bond it.

Feeling a shift in the water, she threw herself to the left and felt her heart jump as the akula bit right where she had just been. Tsa'tvayi placed a hand on the rocks and made eye contact with the akula again, her eyes narrowing.  She would not die at the hands of a Sky person inhabiting the body of one of her own.

She would make him pay.

The akula reared back and opened its mouth once again before diving forward. Tsa'tvayi waited until the last possible moment, before pushing upwards, the animal slamming into the rocks head on. Everything rippled fro the force of the hit, and she didn't wait for it to regain its senses before she dove back down and wrapped herself over its back.

It bucked and twisted in an attempt to throw her off, Tsa'tvayi gripping tighter before reaching an arm back an pulling her queue forward. She gritted her teeth at the effort that it took to remain on the animal, her thighs aching. Then, she narrowed her eyes and pushed the queues together, the light pink tendrils extending before they connected, the akula letting out a tremor under her.

It calmed as the feelings filled Tsa'tvayi, the strength of a new bond overwhelming her for a moment. Unfortunately, she couldn't take the time to appreciate it as her lungs burned from a need for air.

'Up,' she commanded.

The akula listened quickly, the pair finding themselves grinding on the water as Tsa'tvayi panted for air. Her limbs were shaking with nerves as she looked down at the akula she rode, the size of the animal terrifying against her own.

She had bonded an akula. She had bonded an akula like only Olo'eyktan had done before. Tsa'tvayi felt almost faint as she leant down on the animal completely, her chest pressed against its skin.

She took in a deep breath, then another and noter until she was hyperventilating. Tears coated her face as she buried her face not other akula's back and sobbed. Everything felt wrong, the Sky people and the death's of the tulkun. Neteyam's horrified face and Tuk's screams.