022

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI GRITTED HER TEETH as she adjusted her grip on Neteyam, the boy letting out a pain-filled whine. They were close to the village, the pods visible from how near they were. Leaning forward slightly, she frightened her hold and patted the akula, the animal speeding up even more.

They reached the shore, warriors surrounding her immediately as she gave out a lout chirp that was used only in emergencies. "He needs Tsahik," she hissed out as they helped her get Neteyam off of the akula.

The men moved quickly, grabbing Neteyam between careful hands and carrying him off to the Tsahik, a mumble pulling from the boy's lips. "Vayi."

Tsa'tvayi's tail curled around her leg, her ears flat against her head as she grabbed Neteyam's hand and followed along, the boy giving her hand a soft squeeze that she barely left. Their queues were still connected, the tsaheylu between them allowing her to feel his pain, to feel the way that death tried to take him.

"Tsahik!" Her voice was hoarse as she yelled, her hands trembling in feat as Neteyam's eyes fluttered close once again. She tightened her hold on his hand until it hurt, the boy wincing and peeling his eyes open.

Tsahik stormed out of her pod, her eyes pinned to Neteyam's bleeding body. "Bring him," she barked out. "Quickly."

The group sped up, Tsa'tvayi making sure to stay close in order to prevent the tsaheylu from breaking. They stepped inside of the pod and lowered Neteyam carefully to the ground, their hands and queues remaining connected.

Tsahik dropped besides her and immediately began working, her hands pressing against the wound. "You have mated him," she whispered, but the words seemed yelled in the silence of the room.

Tsa'tvayi kept looking at Neteyam, the boy blinking drowsily at her. His eyes were hazed, as if he was looking through her instead of at. "Neteyam," she soothed a hand over his face and he blinked again, his eyes sharpening slightly, "Stay awake, please ma'teyam."

His mouth opened, but not words came out, yet she could feel what he meant to say. Through the tsaheylu, she could feel his fear and his sorrow. "You will live, Neteyam."

Tsahik poured something into his chest, a gutted sound escaping Neteyam's throat as the liquid sizzled against his wound. He screamed, his voice hoarse as his grip on Tsa'tvayi's hand tightened.

Then, it loosened and his eyes fell shut.

A wave of panic flooded through her, Tsa'tvayi's eyes widening as she looked at his empty face.

"He will be alright," Tsahik comforted. "He needs rest now, he will heal."

Tsa'tvayi's eyes furrowed as Neteyam's chest began rising with more strength than before, his breaths deep once again. "Thank you, Tsahik."