009

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI SHIFTED SLIGHTLY, TUK'S sleeping figure pressed tightly against the girls side. Small hums escaped the younger girl ever once a while, her lips twitching with a smile. On the other side of Tuk, Lo'ak and Kiri were blinking sleepily, each shut of the eye lasting longer to open. Besides Tsa'tvayi, Neteyam sat close, his tail behind her back and brushing lightly against the top to Tuk's head.

The pod was filled with the low conversation between Toruk Makto, their eyes occasionally running over the group. The sound of the waves outside had Tsa'tvayi feeling sleepy, the girl shuffling once more before beginning to extract herself from the small pile she had found herself in.

Neteyam startled at her sudden movements, his tail pressing against her before relaxing. "Where are you going?" He mumbled out, his voice horse from sleep.

Tsa'tvayi's ears twitched at the sound as Toruk Makto and Neytiri turned to them, the older woman's eyes narrowed as she looked for a threat.

Softly moving away from Tuk, the girl whining slightly before turning and tucking herself into Lo'ak's side, she pushed herself to her feet. "Home. It is late."

The boy shifted his head turning to his parents silently as his shoulders tensed. Tsa'tvayi watched in confusion as they exchanged rapid looks that hurt her head before Toruk Makto nodded and Neteyam's shoulders dropped, his ears flicking back.

He nodded tensely before pushing himself to his feet besides her.

"What's wrong?" She whispered and threw a glance besides her, the others already succumbing to sleep.

"I will walk you."

Neteyam stepped lightly as he approached the door, Tsa'tvayi following carefully behind him in an attempt to not awaken his siblings. In the distance, she could hear the small chirps of the ilu as they swam freely in the illuminated water, shells and fish glowing softly in a variety of colors.

Neytiri tugged gently on her arm as Tsa'tvayi walked by. "Return early tomorrow." The older woman's eyes were pressed on Tsa'tvayi's bruised skin. "We will apply more balm."

Tsa'tvayi shifted her eyes to Turok Makto who seemed amused at the confusion on her face. "It really is not-" She was interrupted by the glare on Neteyam's face as his head snapped back to her, her ears dropping in surrender. "I will be here."

Neytiri nodded firmly and eased her hand, Tsa'tvayi nodding back at them in goodbye. She had thanked them profoundly as they applied the balm, the older woman smacking her with her tail in a attempt to silence her.

"It is the least we could do." Was all Toruk Makto had said, his voice heavy with something unknown.

Neteyam had spoken little as he applied the balm, his ears twitching furiously every time she winced as they pressed on one of the worse bruises.