018

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

"TSA'TVAYI!" THE SHOUT STARTLED her awake, Tsa'tvayi jerking her head from here it laid on Neteyam's chest and twisting to look at Tsireya. The younger girl grinned down at her as she bounced in place. "The tulkun have returned."

Neteyam let out a small groan as he lifted his head and squinted. "It is very early, Tsireya." He complained.

Tsireya only smiled wider as Kiri let out a whine and cuddled closer to Tsa'tvayi's side. "Eywa have mercy," she mumbled into her shoulder, "Let us sleep, Tsireya."

Tsa'tvayi let her head fall back onto Neteyam's chest, Tuk reaching over throwing an arm over her neck from where she laid on her older brother's other side. Lo'ak was somewhere. She swore she could feel his weight on her legs, but couldn't be bothered to lift her head again to check.

"Come," she insisted. "Our spirit sisters and brothers have returned."

From the corner of her eye, Tsa'tvayi could see Tsireya reaching forward and pulling weight off of her legs, Lo'ak letting out a high-pitched yelp as he was lifted off the ground by an impatient Tsireya. "What?" He mumbled, his eyes blinking drowsily as he looked around in confusion.

Neteyam huffed and placed a hand on her head as he carefully lifted himself, taking Tsa'tvayi along. Tuk's arm fell away from her, the girl turning with a hum and falling back into a deep sleep. She could see Neytiri and Jake walking around the pod, the older woman's hands carrying a jar as Jake followed her.

Tsa'tvayi greeted them once they looked her way, the couple returning the greeting with a soft smile. "You are alright?" Neytiri asked as they stepped closer, concern lacing her voice.

Nodding in response, Tsa'tvayi shifted until she was sitting upright by herself and no loner learning on Neteyam. "I am alright. Thank you."

Then, the woman's eyes changed into a glare. "Why did you leave?" She hissed out. "You are injured."

Tsa'tvayi looked down bashfully, her ears pressed into her head. In the background, she could hear Tsireya rushing Lo'ak to get ready so that they could head off to the tulkun. Neteyam leaned closet to her, his arm brushing hers.

"She felt as if she was intruding," he exposed, Tsa'tvayi looking at him as her mouth dropped open. He wasn't incorrect, but, based on the identical glares on Jake and Neytiri's faces, she had been incorrect.

"Intruding," Jake's eyes narrowed as they reached her, his hand coming out and smoothing over her hair. "Tsa'tvayi," he reprimanded, the girl's head dropping in shame.

It was an odd feeling, she knew. Especially considering that she had spent more days in their pod than in their own, that she was comfortable enough to sleep surrounded by their children, that they were always the first to show concern for her injuries- regardless of how minor they were.