020

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI WATCHED, HER HEART pounding in her chest, as Lo'ak called for Payakan, one of the fatal red packs stuck to his skin.

"Payakan!" Lo'ak reached forward, the tulkun quickly approaching. "Brother!"

Tuk stood besides her, the smaller girl pressed tightly against Tsa'tvayi's leg. Tsa'tvayi reached down a hand and pressed it into the girl's head, her limbs shaking as she watched the incoming ship, Payakan taking off back into the water.

"Lo'ak," Kiri hissed as she stepped besides Tuk, her eyes pinned on the ship. When the boy didn't respond, instead calling for Payakan again, she yelled, "Lo'ak!"

The boy startled, his head snapping to the group behind him as he kneeled on the rocks, "What's wrong?" His voice shook slightly as he spoke, Tsa'tvayi clenching her jaw and nodding behind him.

"They are coming," she responded, her voice low as she kept her hand protectively on Tuk.

"Shit!" He cursed as he turned back to the water and called for Payakan desperately, "Payakan! Come here, so I can take it off."

The tulkun didn't budge as it tried to defend itself against the ship, Tsa'tvayi pursing her lips in frustration. The Sky people were nearing quickly, the ship faster than what she would have assumed for something made and not born. "Come on, bro," he hissed out.

Neteyam shook his head from where he stood besides her. "Call father."

Lo'ak seemed to ignore him as he continued calling for Payakan, Tsa'tvayi taking a small step back and bringing Tuk with her as she watched the incoming danger. "Now, Lo'ak. Call him."

The boy hesitated for another moment before bringing a hand to his neck and pressing against a choker he wore. "Sir," he called out slowly.

A pause followed his call before there was a crackle and Jake's voice poured through the chocker. "Lo'ak?"

Lo'ak threw Neteyam a glance, the older nodding at him to continue. Tsa'tvayi was keeping Tuk close, the younger girl's eyes pinned to the incoming ship. It saddened her, to know that someone as young as Tuk already knew the horrors of life that many others would never know.

"We're with a tulkun," he mumbled as he walked over and stood besides Neteyam, "He's being attacked by a ship."

"Who's with you?" The question was heavy, Jake's voice hard.

"All of us, at the Three Brother's cliff."

From the corner of her eye, Tsa'tvayi could see Kiri running and hand over her head, the girl's eyes shut tightly.

"Hide," he hissed, "And do not attack. Is that understood? We're on our way."

Lo'ak confirmed his understanding and dropped his hand from his neck, his jaw set as he looked at the water. "It's getting closer." His voice was cold as he stood in place, Neteyam wrapping a hand around his neck and pulling him close. The group stood like that for a while, staring at the Sky people and preparing for the disruption that would follow.

"We need to leave." The words left Tsa'tvayi's lips without a second thought, Tuk pressed closely against her. "Now, or we won't leave at all."

Neteyam turned to her, Kiri stepping closer as Lo'ak continued looking out to the water. "How?" He asked, his voice hard. "We can't swim faster than the ship." He waved a hand to his siblings, reminding her of their lack of experience in the water. For a moment, she wished she had taken more time to help them swim.

She cursed herself for playing so often when they needed to learn the way of the water.

"You do not have to swim faster," she assured and began walking to the edge of the rocks, casting a look down at the dark water. "All we need to do is swim long enough to find an air pocket or long enough that they pass by. I do not think they have seen us."

Lo'ak waved his head side to side, his face hesitant as he looked from her to the ship. "They will not kill us," he supplied slowly, "He wants to use us against dad."

Tsa'tvayi stared at him for moment before staring down at her skin and then back at him. "Perhaps he will not kill you, then. But I am not your sister and he will have no reason to spare me."

Neteyam stood besides her as Lo'ak faltered, his tail curling around her thigh. "It is too late," he spat out, "They are here."

Tsa'tvayi lifted her head and tugged Tuk behind her, her eyes wide as she watched the Sky people, the Dreamwalkers, point at them with their machines. She could only watch as they jumped off of the ship and onto the rocks, hatred burning in their eyes.

Kiri stood close to her as they covered Tuk, Lo'ak and Neteyam standing slightly ahead. An older man spoke, a cruel smile on his lips. "You're his," he mocked. "Grab them."

Lo'ak spat out curses as they were grabbed, Tsa'tvayi scrambling for Tuk as the younger girl was taken away brutally. Neteyam reached for her, his hand skimming her arm before he too was tugged away. They were thrown violently onto the ship, Tsa'tvayi trying to fight off the hands on her body.

The man stepped forward and grabbed her face between his hands. "You aren't his," he hissed out, his grip tight and bruising. The man sneered ass he shoved her face away, Tsa'tvayi falling over from the force.

She let out a small hiss as a sharp edge of the rock sliced her skin, her blood beginning to run down her side. She could hear the moment that Neteyam noticed, the boy roaring in fury as he tried to get off the ship. Pushing herself up, Tsa'tvayi glared at the man and spat right on his feet.

He stared at her for a moment, eyes narrowed, before grabbing her by the hair and pushing her closer to the edge. "You nasty bitch," he seethed, Tsa'tvayi writhing in an attempt to lessen the pain on her scalp. "You savage animals that know nothing and will never know anything. You are useless," he shook her. "Disgusting."

She hated him deeply, it was an awful feeling that burned through her chest, her teeth aching to sink into his throat and pull it out. She wanted to kill him like she had never wanted anything before. She wanted him to suffer like the vile creature he was.

Tsa'tvayi continued glaring through teary eyes, a venemous hiss escaping her as she clawed at his hand. He smiled, a dark, cruel thing that had her wanting to flinch away. Then, he glanced down at the water and nodded. "Let's see if your Eywa," he spat out, "Will pity you."

He threw her over the rocks, her blood still staining her side. As she fell, she could see them leaving on the ship, Neteyam's horrified face peaking at her as he screamed.

Tsa'tvayi hit the water with a painful splash, her lips kicking quickly like a child who did not know water. Her blood stained the water around her quickly, her head still aching. She turned, to catch some momentum to return to the surface, but found herself frozen in place as he met eyes with the large beast that stalked her.

Suddenly, Neteyam's horror made sense. He'd thrown her right to the akula with enough blood leaving her body to stain the water.