008

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

A LOW GROAN ESCAPED Tsa'tvayi as she climbed out of the water, the cool liquid easing the dull throbbing of her bruises and the strain on her muscles. The sun was hot as it shone down on her skin, the girl squinting as she neared the sand.

She'd awoken from her nap not long after convincing herself that she'd sleep until the following morning, the loud calls of the warriors interrupting her sleep as they returned from a successful hunt. Tsa'tvayi had rolled her eyes and turned on her hammock in a attempt to continue resting, before giving up the notion altogether and returning to the water.

She'd swam for some time, her mind at ease in the comfort that the water provided, but the day was passing quickly and she wanted to return to her pod to try to make a healing balm for her bruises. Tsa'tvayi winced slightly at the idea, her past experiments with healing proving the girl unable to ever dream of being tsahik.

Not that she wanted to anyway, she much preferred the path of the warrior than that of the healer.

Tsa'tvayi tilted her head as she spotted Ao'nung and his friends circling someone in the water, her eyes narrowing further as she noted the darker skin of the na'vi that could only belong to Toruk Makto's family.

Picking up her pace, she approached the group, their taunting words reaching her ears. "Are you some kind of," Ao'nung waved a hand, a sneer on his face, "Freak?"

Tsa'tvayi pursed her lips at the ikran like screeches of his friends as they taunted Kiri. The girl shook her head, her ears falling slightly. "No," she mumbled and began walking away from the water.

Reaching them, Tsa'tvayi smacked Ao'nung's hand from Kiri's tail, a harsh glare set on her face. "What are you doing?" She hissed while baring her fangs at the group and standing defensively in front of the other girl.

Ao'nung hissed back at her, his friend stepping slightly away. "You have been spending too much time with these freaks, Tsa'tvayi. Watch yourself."

Tsa'tvayi tensed at the hidden threat, her tail waving furiously behind her. "You seem to have lost your mind, Ao'nung, speaking to me like this."

The boy bared his teeth, Unrei- one of Ao'nung's less desirable friends- surging forward and grabbing Kiri's hand. "Look at her." he tugged, the other girl loosing her balance and stumbling. "She is a freak, a demon."

Tsa'tvayi grabbed his wrist tightly, the boy letting out a small yelp and releasing Kiri. "Do not touch her," she spat out.

Ao'nung stepped forward before he was shoved back violently, Lo'ak stepping in front of the two girls as he pushed the other boy back. "Back of fish lips," he sneered.