017

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

NETEYAM

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

NETEYAM RAN A TREMBLING hand down Kiri's head, his sister leaning back and letting her head rest on his shoulder. His heart was racing in his chest as he wrapper his arms around her, the image of her seizing still echoing in his head. He had been terrified as Tsa'tvayi and him rushed Kiri back to land and had been terrified when Kiri refused to wake up as Norm worked on her and connected her to strange machines.

Then Tsa'tvayi had returned with Tsahik and he knew everything would be alright. Tsa'tvayi always made everything alright. But then she had disappeared again, and Neteyam didn't know where or why.

Pressing his cheek against Kiri's head, he detangled himself from the hug and began walking out of the pod. "I will be back," he stated in response to his mom's confused look. "Tsa'tvayi is missing."

The older woman nodded as she took Neteyam's previous spot on the ground, his dad throwing him a quick glance and another nod. Neteyam didn't wait before slipping out of the pod and beginning the short treck to Tsa'tvayi's own pod.

He didn't understand why she hadn't stayed with them, but at the same time he did. Neteyam just wished she'd felt comfortable enough to stay. He had seen her fidgeting and indecisiveness, had been moments away from stepping out and dragging her inside when she turned on her heel and left. He'd decided to let her rest for a moment, but that moment had extended and it was time she returned.

The walk was a quick one, his strides long and purposeful as he reached the girl's home. He called out to her softly, but received no response.

"Tsa'tvayi?" He called out again as he stepped hesitantly into the pod, his eyes scanning over the surface.

He staggered back in shock at seeing her crumbled form on the ground, a hurt noise pulling from deep inside of him as he rushed forward and dropped besides her. "Tsa'tvayi!"

Her skin was colder than usual as he slapped her cheek gently in an attempt to wake her, hr breathing slow. Neteyam shook her, her name leaving his lips repeatedly like a prayer.

The girl let out a small moan, her eyes fluttering before falling shut once again. A curse escaped Neteyam's lips as he pushed himself back to his feet and picked her up, one arm under her knees and the other under her head, before running out of the pod. He kept his grip firm on her, panic encasing him as her head lolled lifelessly.

If it wasn't for the slow rising and falling of her chest, he would think her dead. The mere idea had panicked gasps leaving his lips as he reached his family's pod and barged in, Tsa'tvayi gripped tightly in his arms. "Mom!"

Everyone turned to him, his dad immediately rushing to his feet when saw the girl in Neteyam's arms. He neared them and reached out, Neteyam flinching back at the gesture; he wouldn't let her be taken away.

Lifting his hands in surrender, his dad took a step back. "What happened?"

Neteyam tightened his grip and pulled Tsa'tvayi closer to his chest as he shook his head, his eyes running over her face. "I don't know. She was like this when I got to her pod."

Neytiri stepped forward, Lo'ak close behind her, and slapped her face softly. This time, Tsa'tvayi gave no indication that she felt anything, her face moving with the force of the hits but not responding in any way. Neteyam could feel his heart drop at her lack of movement, Lo'ak stepping forward and placing a hand on her forehead.

"She's really cold, bro." His younger brother looked down at the girl, his brows furrowed.

"Come." His mom waved him further in, Kiri sitting up in her spot as she tried to see what was going on. "Lay her here."

Neteyam hesitated slightly before lowering Tsa'tvayi, his hands remaining on her arms as he dropped besides her. Neytiri approached her hand fluttering over the girl's skin in search of something. When Tsa'tvayi let out an exhausted whine, his mom stepped back.

"She will be alright," His mom assured while pressing a hand to his head. "She is merely exhausted."

Neteyam pursed his lips at her words as he laid besides Tsa'tvayi and curled his tail around her leg, placing one arm under her head and the other over her chest in a faux hug. "She never says anything," he murmured, his eyes still glued to the girl's face as he assured himself that she was alright.

"I know." Neytiri stepped away, Kiri shuffling forward and laying on Tsa'tvayi's other side, Lo'ak on the other side of Kiri. Tuk had long since fallen asleep, eclipse nearing and the excitement of the day wearing her out.

Neteyam could only stare at Tsa'tvayi as the night dwindled and his family slept, his mind racing at the mere idea of falling asleep and something happening to his girl.

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊

HE WAS AWOKEN BY shifting besides him, his eyes snapping open from the light sleep Neteyam had fallen into. Tsa'tvayi shifted once more, her head turning to stare at him with confused eyes. "What?" She mumbled lowly, her voice hoarse.

Neteyam soothed a hand on her hand and guided her to lay back down. "Calm, Tsa'tvayi," he whispered. "You are alright."

Tsa'tvayi whined low in her throat as she let her head fall back onto his arm, Neteyam pulling her closer carefully as to not disturb Kiri who slept besides the girl. "You were unconscious, Tsa'tvayi." He peered into her eyes seriously, his lips pressed into a tight line. "I found you on the floor of your pod, like if Eywa had taken you."

His eyes fell shut as he took in a deep breath and pressed his head on her shoulder. "You cannot keep doing this. You cannot keep pretending that you are alright. We care for you, Tsa'tvayi, we want to help. I want to help."

Tsa'tvayi placed her head over his, her tail wrapping around his leg as his was wrapped around hers. "I am sorry, Neteyam. I do not mean to worry you. Especially after Kiri." Her voice wavered as she spoke and he tightened his arms around her.

"This is not about Kiri," he hissed lowly and resisted the urge to bite her as frustration filled him. "This about you being injured and refusing to allow us to help."

Neteyam lifted his head, his eyes meeting hers. "Do you not trust us yet? Is that it?"

He could see the shock in her eyes as she shook her head vehemently, whispered denials leaving her lips. "No, no."

"Then show that you trust me, Tsa'tvayi. Let me help."

The girl nodded under his stare, Neteyam glaring at her for another moment before pulling her head to rest on his chest and laying his chin on the top of her head. "Sleep. You are exhausted."

Tsa'tvayi wrapped her arms around him, Neteyam's eyes falling shut as her breathing slowed. She would be alright, he assured himself.