012

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

THE SOUND OF WHISPERS pulled her from her comfortable sleep, her body enveloped in warmth. Tsa'tvayi blinked drowsily, the light streaming into the pod causing her vision to blur sightly. As she blinked again, she noted she wasn't in her own pod. A frown tugged on her lips as she tried to rub her eyes, but found herself unable to move her arms.

Turning her head, she blinked again as she found Tuk curled rightly against her, the girls head resting on the older's arm. Then, she felt the weight over stomach, finding Lo'aks leg thrown over Tuk and resting on her. Tsa'tvayi grinned softly as small hums left the siblings and raised her head slightly to find Kiri laying on her leg.

Something sighting against her was it had Tsa'tvayi turning to the other side, Neteyam blinking sleepily at her from where his head rested on her other arm, his own tucked under her head. He looked at her for a moment before burrowing his head back into her shoulder. "Sleep." His accent was thick, sleep giving his voice a slight growl.

Tsa'tvayi could feel her face heat slightly as looked away, only to meet Jake's amused smile. "Alright there?"

Her ears flickered quickly as she threw everyone another glance. "I could use some help."

He huffed out a laugh before walking over bending next to Neteyam. "Come on, Neteyam." He flicked the boy's ear. "Let her up, Olo'eyktan needs to speak with her."

Neteyam twitched before rolling over with a groan and pushing himself into a sitting position, Tsa'tvayi following suit after carefully removing her arm from under Tuk's head. It took a couple of minutes, with help from Jake and Neteyam, to detangle herself from Lo'ak and Kiri, but they finally managed and she stood quietly.

Tsa'tvayi greeted Neytiri before turning to Olo'eyktan. "I see you."

The man greeted her back before waving her over, Tsa'tvayi  stumbling slightly as she fought to regain feeling in her legs. Already, her bruises pulsed with pain.

Neteyam followed closely behind her as they approached the trio, his tail brushing the side of her leg.

"You saved our son yesterday." Neytiri was looking down at her solemnly, her ears pointed back as Jake soother a hand over his mate's back. "I hope we can repay you."

Tsa'tvayi shook her head furiously at the woman's words. "There is nothing to repay, Neytiri. I simply brought him back, he was safe."

Before they could respond, Olo'eyktan stepped forward. "That is where you are wrong, Tsa'tvayi. The boy was barely lucid from the beating of the water and the cold he suffered. He would not have survived much longer, had you not found him."

Neteyam's tail wrapped fully around her tight and tightened, the boy's tense form looming behind her. Tsa'tvayi could only shake her head again. "There is nothing to repay."

Jake hesitated, Neytiri pursing her lips in response, before nodding. "Thank you."

"You saved a life." Olo'eyktan smiled down at her, Tsa'tvayi tilting her head at the statement. "You have proven yourself capable of beginning the journey of a Metkayina clan warrior."

Her heart sped at his words, lips pulled back with a smile. "Are you sure, Olo'eyktan?" Tsa'tvayi's limbs shook slightly in excitement, Olo'eyktan grinning fondly down at her even as Neteyam's tail tightened once again.

"I am sure, child. You are ready to receive your first ink." He nodded at them before stepping out of the pod. "Ronal will present it to you after breakfast," he called over his shoulder before disappearing outside, Tsa'tvayi biting back an excited scream.

Neytiri glanced at her, golden eyes soft. "Congratulations, Tsa'tvayi."

Tsa'tvayi grinned up at her, Jake tilting his head with a teasing grin. "You don't have to fight an ikran here, I assume."

"No," she shook her head, the sounds of the others waking filling her ears as Neteyam loosened his tail and stepped until he was besides her. "The last task is to form tsaheylu with one of the wild inhabitants of the water. Olo'eyktan bonded with an akula."

Neteyam's head snapped to hers as Jake gaped, Lo'ak letting out a small screech behind them. "Bro, you're going to bond with an akula?" His voice was horse as he stumbled close to them and wrapped his arm around Neteyam's neck, the older boy's glare burning the side of her face.

"You hear that?" Lo'ak shook his brother, excitement coating his face. "Tsa'tvayi is badass."

Neteyam scowled back. "All I hear, is that I should ask mom to train me like Tsahik," he huffed out, before turning to her, his eyes soft despite the frown tugging on his lips. "Congratulations. You will be a great warrior."

Tsa'tvayi smiled back at him before something slammed into her, small arms wrapping around her waist. "Can we go to the water today?" Tuk grinned up at her.

A joyous laugh escaped Tsa'tvayi as she turned to face the younger girl's parents. Upon receiving a nod, she faced Tuk. "After I meet the Tsahik, I'll see you in the water."

Tuk nodded before running to her father, Jake lifting her in the air as a laugh escaped the younger girl. "I will be leaving," Tsa'tvayi smiled. "Eat before heading to the water, I will go to Tsahik."

Neteyam tilted his head as he looked down at her. "Can we come with you?"

Lo'ak pressed his cheek to his brother's, identical pleading faces peering down at her. Tsa'tvayi  feel her jaw drop at the gesture and threw a desperate glance at their parents, only to find Neytiri and Jake looking away from her, their tails swishing suspiciously.

She looked around for help, only to find Kiri still sleeping and Tuk playing with her father.

Letting out a huff, she nodded. "After you eat."

Lo'ak grinned. "You aren't eating."

A groan escaped her lips as the brothers turned against her. "I never eat breakfast, you do. Besides, Olo'eyktan said after breakfast, not during, so you have time."

Neteyam smiled teasingly down at her as he took her hand and dragged her closer before throwing his arm around her shoulders, until the trio were standing in a small huddle-like circle. The brothers exchanged glances, Tsa'tvayi watching in confusion as they conspired, until finally Lo'ak nodded.

"We will not eat, if you do not eat," Neteyam stated, Lo'ak nodding along with his words.

Tsa'tvayi blinked at them incredulously, "What do you mean? You need to eat?"

Lo'ak nodded firmly. "That's right, we are not good in the water, so we need to eat." He let out a loud sigh, "Whatever should you do?"

A cough sounded behind her, one that suspiciously resembled a laugh, Neytiri hissing at Jake to be quiet.

Tsa'tvayi watched in shock as the brothers forced her hand to eat, the only word that left her mouth as she sat next to a sleepy Kiri and a smug Neteyam being a low, "What?"