025

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

TSA'TVAYI FELT AS IF the smile on her face would never fall. She had her arms wrapped rightly around Neteyam, around her mate, as they soared through the skies. His ikran, Psauk, had chirped loudly upon their meeting, Neteyam letting her know that the animal seemed to like her.

She'd been glad for it, his ikran was terrifying.

The wind was exhilarating in a way she had never experienced before and the happiness that filled her every time she head Tuk laugh was unexchangeable. Tsa'tvayi could also feel Neteyam's happiness, even without their queues connected.

Glancing down, she grinned as he saw an akula swimming proudly under him, the girl letting out a call at her brother. He would not be going with them, but Tsa'tvayi appreciated the farewell. They had talked about taking him, the family assuring her that there was water close enough that she could take daily trips to swim with him, but she had denied it. The akula was not like their ikran, it did not bond for life, and she found it cruel to ask it to leave all it has known for no reason at all.

Tsa'tvayi had appreciated the time she had spent with her brother, but he was not an animal that was meant to be kept and she would not force him tp live unhappily so that she could feel better.

Besides, it wasn't like she would never return to the clan.

They flew for hours into the eclipse before Jake signaled for them to rest, Neteyam and Lo'ak letting out identical sounds as they began desending.

She tightened her grip around Neteyam's waist and lent her head on his shoulder, the boy quickly pressing his cheek against her head before straightening. Everything inside of her was wrapped in a deep joy that made her want to bounce in place. It didn't matter that she was leaving the only home she had ever known, that she would go somewhere where she knew nothing.

None of that mattered to her when she felt the warmth of Neteyam's skin under her hands and the breaths that he took against her chest.

The ikran landed smoothly, the large animal letting out a screech as Neteyam soothed a hand over its head. Tsa'tvayi dismounted shakily, her legs unused to the flying, and smiled as Neteyam flowed suit and clasped her hand in his.

He pressed their foreheads together in a quick touch before straightening and tugging her over to his family, Tuk bouncing over and wrapping her arms around Tsa'tvayi's legs.

"We're almost there," she grinned. "Dad said we get there tomorrow."

Tsa'tvayi pressed a hand on the younger girl's head. "I am excited," she smiled. "Are you going to show me around?"

Tuk gave a determined nod, her lips pressed together. "I'm going to be the bestest teacher and you're going to be the bestest student." She narrowed her eyes as she looked up. "You are going to be the bestest student, right? No leaving with Neteyam."

Tsa'tvayi let out a laugh at the younger's words, Neteyam letting out an offended huff besides her. "I am going to be the bestest student," she confirmed while throwing the boy a teasing glance. "Neteyam will not be able to take me away from you, little Tuk."

Tuk nodded once more, as if appeased. "Good. Now come here, Lo'ak wants to show you something."

Tsa'tvayi could only give Neteyam a parting glance as Tuk tugged her away- his own eyes staring longingly after her.

Still, all she could feel was happiness as the sounds of the family surrounded her, the alien boy- Spider, she reminded herself- hesitantly joining into the conversations.

‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

"COME." NETEYAM TUGGED DESPERATELY on her hands, Tsa'tvayi letting out a small laugh as she struggled to follow after him through the dense forest. She had only briefly wandered through the first in her clan, but that was nothing compared to what she had found herself surrounded by.

Everything was so full of life, lush greenery surrounding them as colorful plants gave everything a beautiful glow. She would miss the water, as it was her home, but she did not regret her decision to leave. Not when everything that surround her filled her with so much joy.

Neteyam slowed down slightly as he took a look around before picking up his pace once gain, Tsa'tvayi letting out a teasing huff in response. Her feet ached, the skin not used to the harsh terrain, but all she could focus on was him.

Finally, they reached a clearing, Tsa'tvayi feeling herself gasp as she looked around. Everything glowed as the eclipse ran above them, plants shining in different colors and small animals flying around them. Distantly, she could hear running water and the humming of the life around them.

"This is beautiful," she whispered, her eyes running over everything.

Neteyam brushed a hand against her cheek and she turned to him. "It is," he replied, his voice soft as he kept his eyes on her. Tsa'tvayi could feel herself warming as she looked away, the flickering tail behind her exposing her embarrassment.

Neteyam let out an amused hum as he cupped his hand behind her neck and pulled her closer, their foreheads touching. They stayed like that for what felt like hours, their eyes fluttering shut as they soaked up each other's presence.

Then, he ran the hand on her neck down, his fingers curling softly over her queue. Tsa'tvayi could feel a shover run down her spine at his touch and opened her eyes only to meet his own. He pulled her queue over her shoulder and did the same to his, before slowly connecting them.

Somehow, the experience seemed stronger than ever before, Tsa'tvayi feeling her entire body tremble at the overpowering sensations. Neteyam seemed to be going through a similar thing as he placed his hands on her was it and squeezed, a small pant escaping his lips.

Tsa'tvayi watched him silently, his eyes closing in delight as he pressed the tips of their noses together. "Ma'Vayi," he sighed.

She hummed softly in response, "Ma'Teyam."

He moved carefully, his lips landing on hers with a softness that she hadn't yet experienced. Before, he had kissed her as if their time was running out. Now, he kissed her as if they were immortal with nothing to fear or away.

She could taste him in every inch of her mouth. His passion overflowing inside of her and she pressed her hands against his face, his own squeezing her waist.

Pulling back, Neteyam smiled down at her and lifted a hand to cup her face. "You do not know how happy you have made me, ma'Vayi."

Tsa'tvayi smiled back at him and felt as if she would explode from happiness. "You are everything to me, ma'Teyam. There is nothing of me without you."

There was so much left unsaid, things that made sense without having to leave their lips. Things like the love that they shared or the overwhelming need for each other. Things like the wound he'd suffered or the blood she had spilled in his name. Things like the care that she held for the family that had taken her in as one of their own and the gratefulness that welled inside of her every time she looked at them.

It was all tacenda between them, matters that held little weight when they had each other.

They stayed like that for the entirety of the eclipse, their bodies tangled under the beauty of the forest.

She would be happy there, she decided, learning the way of the forest with Neteyam at her side.