XVIII

3rd person pov

December 24th

It was now Christmas eve and while kids got their presents today in other countries, all british children have to wait for the 25th.
That was something James was very angry about, and he made sure everyone knew it.

It was breakfast time and everybody was seated at the dinner table quietly eating but that suddenly stopped when James entered the room.

"Why do we have to wait until tomorrow?" James pouted as soon as he entered making Harry groan in annoyance, it was the same thing every year.

"James quit it." Harry said sternly making James whine even more.

Pretty much everyone had stopped eating to watch the scene, Draco sat uncomfortably wanting to say something but knowing it wasn't his place to do so.

"James, think about it this way. Kids that get them today have a day less on their christmas calendar meaning they get less candy than you do." Teddy said, James stood for a minute thinking about it before he decided that wasn't good enough. He started whining and complaining again but soon Harry got enough of it. He walked over to James and picked up the boy in one swift emotion and walked out of the dining room.

Draco looked worriedly after them. He was surprised by Harry's way of just removing James from the room, he actually thought he would have the "don't whine" talk in the moment.
Draco looked over at Teddy who was casually eating his breakfast while chatting with Albus.

"Does he often do that?" Draco asked after some silence, Teddy looked at him with a confused look before realization hit him.

"He does it with all of us, but mostly James since he whines the most. And before you ask why, I'll just tell you. Harry can't take whining as he finds it annoying but instead of scolding us in front of people and embarrassing us, he takes us somewhere private and work it out through communication." Teddy explained surprising Draco a bit.

Harry returned shortly after and breakfast continued as before.

Harry pov
A few hours later...

I was once again sitting on the couch all curled up with Albus, he was finally sleeping for a bit after he'd been running around the house all morning with Scorpius, Draco was out doing some last-minute Christmas shopping for his parents along with Scorpius while Teddy was helping James write his letter for Santa.

Ginny normally helped James write the letter but he didn't seem to mind that it was now Teddy that helped him, the boys had barely mentioned her since she was sent to Nurmengard.

It was now 1 o'clock and I still had so much stuff to get done before they arrived at 3.
I slowly got up, careful not to wake Albus, and made my way to the hallway of bedrooms.
The house had a funny floorplan, it was designed in wings so the middle part of the first floor was like living room and library.
On the East Wing on the first floor was around 12 bedrooms for guests and on the West Wing was the Malfoy's private quarters. Six suites were placed there each with private walk-in closet and bathroom, Draco had told me that tradition stated that only Malfoys by blood or Malfoys that had married to the name were allowed in there unless you were accompanied by a Malfoy by blood. It was apparently some ancient magic that was placed there in the era where blood purity was everything.

Draco also told me that his father had actually tried removing the magic back when he was dating Draco's mother to make it possible for her to roam around unaccompanied but had failed.

Back to the present I was at the East Wing where my family and I currently resided in two of the rooms. You kind of have imagine the hallway is a "U" and the U shape is the hallway and then 12 rooms surround it with 5 on the inside and 7 on the outside.