XXI

A/N
Look, I've got no idea how 3- and 6-year-olds act, bear with me please :)

Draco pov

It was now mid-January and Harry had to, for the first time, leave me home alone with all three kids. Teddy had visited his friends on the 27th as planned and had safely arrived to Hogwarts a couple of weeks ago.

My mother had owled me a few days ago requesting Harry's presence today in Diagon Alley for what she called "Tea and biscuits" aka an interrogation, it was only a matter of time before it would happen but she did hold off for quite some time.
I'd also convinced Harry that he should spend some time with his friends and get out of the house and away from the kids, he's always working or with the kids and it's obviously exhausting him.

It was my first time being alone with Harry's kids, but with Scorpius here too it'll be fine. I hope.
I feel a little pressure being responsible for three living human beings instead of just one.

It was morning, Harry and I decided that it now was time for us to share a bedroom. A milestone in our relationship you could say, we both felt the kind of awkwardness that is on the "first" night.
I thought a lot about Astoria last night, I think Harry did too. But no one spoke of it, she'd want me to move on. She told me so, I have no reason to feel guilty.

There was a knock on the door, I quickly scanned the room for inappropriate stuff before the door opened revealing Scorpius standing there smiling. Then he saw Harry sleeping beside me and his smiled disappeared way too quickly.

"I'll just go..." Shit, we don't need a bad start to the day. Not today.

"No Scorp, let's talk about it okay? I feel we're in need of a talk anyway, in the library?"

He didn't answer before he left, but he rarely did. I got up and found some relaxed clothing before making my way to the library.
Scorpius wasn't there.
I sat down in the armchair anyway, giving him a few minutes to arrive, and he came after a couple of minutes.
He sat down silently while not meeting my eyes, frick.

"Scorp, please. Ask me anything and I'll answer, you can shout at me too if that's what you want." He looked down as he spoke.

"Is Harry a replacement for mom?" He started tearing up and I was quick to embrace him, soon enough he was sobbing on my chest as I ran my fingers through his blonde locks. Even though Scorpius was only three and a half years old, he had quite a big understanding of the world and could express himself easily.

"Harry will never replace mom, remember when daddy told you he liked both girls and boys?" He thought about it for some time before nodding.

"Daddy still loves mommy, very much, and he will never replace her. But daddy also really likes Harry now, and Harry loves daddy very much."

"Mommy won't ever come back?" Tears filled his eyes as he said it, and it broke my heart to answer him... 

I should have seen this coming, it'd been selfish of me to think Scorpius would be okay with all this. I'm so fucking stupid.

"Scorpius, it's okay to be sad about mom. Daddy is too, but mommy would want you to be happy and not sad. Daddy has found Harry who makes him happy, and Daddy hopes you think it's okay" Scorpius cried for a bit, breaking my heart by the second before he brushed away his tears in my shirt.

"It's okay, but I miss mommy..."

"So do I.."

Harry pov
I woke up in a bed that was far too soft to be my own, I opened my eyes to see a room that most definitely wasn't mine either. I looked to the side and found messed up sheets and an uncomfortable coldness on the mattress.
Oh right, I'm in Draco's room. I wonder where he is, problem for later, I guess.
For now, I had bigger issues. What do you wear to your first official outing with someone who might as well be your mother-in-law? I might have to borrow some of Dracos clothes for this, he most definitely won't approve of anything of mine.