iii

"Yongbok, honey, the dinner's ready."

Felix heard his grandma called, knocking on his door softly.

He huffed, forcing himself to get out of the bed. He didn't feel like eating at the moment. He was just so tired, both physically and mentally.

After he dashed out of that fucker's apartment this morning, Felix went straight to his home only to shower and change his clothes as he doesn't have much time before taking an important test which he was sure he still end up bombing. He couldn't focus on a single word that was written on his paper ; he couldn't understand shit. He was so distracted, that no matter what he did, his mind always came back to the earlier events. Hyunjin's face plaguing his mind, the constant stinging in his neck reminding him of the mistake he had committed.

There was a heavy load of regret eating away at him, haunting him, taunting him that in the end, he just gave up on the test, passing it with uncertain answers. His disappointment wouldn't get him anywhere, even though it does ride up on his shoulders pretty heavily. After all, he didn't just spend countless of sleepless nights studying for that test just to let it explode in irrevocable nonsense.

He still couldn't believe what happened. He still refuses to believe it happened. The initial shock, the disappointment, the betrayal that the encounter had induced on him - were hugging Felix like a coat of misery. He didn't know what to do.

He really didn't want to do anything or talk to anyone at the moment, but he couldn't really resist his grandma, especially her cooking.

If there shall be an exception to anything about Felix, it's his beloved grandma. Not even Felix in the worst mood will ever be able to resist his grandma. She makes him feel better.

Hence pushing himself up and dragging his feet across the floor to get to his door is all he could do to not have her worrying more about his noticeable sour mood. He exhaled, plastering a smile across his face as he swung the door open, meeting his grandma's waiting figure.

"What's for dinner, ma?" He asked, wrapping an arm around the old woman's shoulder while he guides them down the hall, in the direction of their living room where they have their meals on a small table that was merely enough to fit the two of them, his and his grandma's legs almost getting tangled underneath it.

He does plan to buy a new one, and maybe have a modern one that is big and tall so they could eat sitting on a chair, instead of their legs tucked with one another, sitting on the floor. That's why he needs to work hard. Even harder, so he could provide more for him and his grandma.

He wanted to provide a comfortable life for her. Felix wanted to repay his grandma for keeping him after his parents almost threw him away in an orphanage because they decided they didn't want anything to do with him. He's definitely giving back his grandma twice the amount she gave him, from the way she loved him and treated him like he's the most precious thing, to the struggles she went through just to raise him and keep his stomach full.

He's got a lot to do and prove to himself. He can't let himself be distracted, definitely not with some random alpha who took away his chance in falling in love and having a nice and loving partner when the right time comes for him. But that's okay, he can give that up. But Hyunjin better not be thinking that Felix's world would suddenly start to revolve around him, because it wouldn't. No bond will ever hold him back from reaching his ambitions.

He wouldn't let Hyunjin and this stupid bond hold him back, and hinder him.

"You go and grab the plates, dear, let grandma handle the food because it's hot." She said softly, and Felix shook his head, pulling his grandma gently to help her sit down.