ix

Felix hums, "It's alright, you don't have to get me. I'm gonna take the bus, so you can take your time and rest."

"Okay. You be careful. I'll try to drop by as soon." The other had a long sigh.

"What?"

"Are you gonna be out late?"

"Oh, yeah, I think so. My friend wanted to visit N Seoul Tower to see the night view." He explains. He's two hours away from home, visiting Jisung who goes to a different university.

"I should've scented you." Hyunjin mumbled, "Will you be okay?"

The omega's face heated up, embarrassed by the vulgarity of the other's words.

"It's fine, you were busy. Besides..."

Felix's face was basically burning right then. How can he possibly tell Hyunjin that he was wearing the coat he left the other night?

He couldn't help it. The moment he learnt that Hyunjin wouldn't be able to come see him that day, he suddenly felt sad.

The longing was stronger than his will to just forget about it.

"What? What is it?" The voice from the other line took him out of his reverie.

"Nothing," he shook his head, even though the alpha wouldn't see it, "what I mean is, you don't have to. I'm wearing my blockers. It should be fine."

Since the department dinner party and Hyunjin found him reeking with another alpha's scent, the taller became even more protective of him. He could be the busiest man of all but he would still find some time to get Felix, scent him, and send him to his classes. Then he would come pick him up after his shift at the convenience store and then drive him home.

What the omega found even more fascinating is that, no matter how much in a rush the alpha would be, when Felix's grandmother asked him to stay for dinner, he never declined. He always takes his time, even though it would mean that he would be needing to pull an all-nighter just to get shit done. Felix knew because the alpha would come to pick him up the next day with such heavy dark circles, he almost looked like a panda.

He would always tell Hyunjin that he didn't have to do that and he could manage on his own, but the alpha always argued back, telling him it wasn't solely for him, but for the pup as well.

"My job is to make sure you're comfortable and taken care of. Commuting is hard, especially in the mornings and stress is bad for the baby." He would say, and the conversation would always end with Felix's defeated sighs.

The alpha would also not let him go home alone since there are just too many things happening when the sun goes down, especially in the City. He had experienced it before firsthand, so he thought Hyunjin's concerns were valid. His grandma thought so, too.

"Okay then, I need to go now. Call me if you need anything."

Felix saw Jisung coming in at the same time. The omega waved his hand at his friend, and the other smiled at seeing him.

"Okay." He replies briefly then hangs up, just exactly as Jisung reaches their table.

"Who's that, your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, sure." Felix huffed, uninterested, "What took you so long?"

"Manager asked for an overtime." The other grumbled, and both scoffed.

They stayed at the café until the sun was out and just went ahead to the tower since they both couldn't stay out late.

"You know, Lix? I think I understand now." Jisung says after a while, staring at the vast view of the city below.