Chapter 3

Y/N: Now, as 'eventful' as our meeting has been, I reckon your hive is worried about ya. So how about we get ya back there and-

Y/N is interrupted by the sounds of a violin playing off in the distance, as is Maya who looks in the direction of the source before jogging towards it. Y/N looks at her in surprise before running after her.

Y/N: Hey, hold on kid! The hive's the other way!

The duo jog for a short while before coming across the source of the violin playing, looking up at the towering flowers as a green grasshopper in fancy looking clothing plays and sings.

Grasshopper: Like a maple tree, in the fall- no, no, that's too syrupy...

Maya looks around at all the colorful flowers before laughing in joy.

Maya: So many colors!

Grasshopper: Yes, yes! Simple and to the point!

The grasshopper starts singing again, his violin in tune with his voice as Maya and Y/N look up at him. The grasshopper finishes with a jubilant laugh before looking down at the two.

Grasshopper: Great stuff, kid! Where'd you learn to write like that?

Before Maya could answer him, the violinist hops up into the air and lands in front of the duo and continues.

Maya: Are you a green bee?

The grasshopper simply chuckles before patting Maya on the shoulder as he kneels down.

Grasshopper: It's like you're seeing the world for the first time.

Y/N: Honestly, it would explain a lot.

The grasshopper simply chuckles in response to Y/N before crouching down a bit to be at level height with Maya.

Grasshopper: You've got music in ya, kid. What goes in...

He then lets out a 'Laaa' in a singing tone before smiling at her.

Grasshopper: ...must come out! Come on, try it! 'Laaa!'

Maya giggles before attempting to sing herself, though it starts off timidly. With a little encouragement from the grasshopper, she lets out a much louder 'Laaa', much to Y/N's discomfort as he rubs where his ears would be.

Grasshopper: Ah heh, save some for later! How about you, chap?

Y/N: Singin' ain't really one of my better qualities...

Grasshopper: Aww, come now! No harm in trying!

Maya: Yeah, sing Y/N, sing!

Y/N looks at the two bugs and sighs, before finally giving in and letting out a decent 'Laaa' of his own. The violinist smiles before giving him a thumbs up alongside Maya.

Grasshopper: Oooh, that was good, lad! Keep that up and you'll be a natural!

Y/N looks a bit surprised by the compliment before clearing his throat.

Y/N: Ahem, well uh, thanks. And you would be...?

Flip: Ahh, of course! Pardon me. Flip the Grasshopper is my name, roaming the meadow is my game!

Flip uses two of his hands to shake Y/N's and Maya's, the latter giggling while the former simply nods his head.

Maya: What's the meadow?

Flip: What's the meadow? Oh jeez, kid, you gotta get out more!

Without warning, Flip picks up Maya and leaps up onto the flower, leaving Y/N baffled before groaning softly.