Chapter 14

Once they had finally gathered all their meadow friends, Maya and the team fly to where Gorgo's Den was located, and before them were the swarm of bees making their way towards the hornets. Maya points at them as she looks back at everyone.

Maya: There they are! There's still time, come on!

As they fly low to avoid being spotted by the bees, Sting notices his father and the rest of the hornet tribes arriving by air.

Sting: Oh no, it's Dad!

As they continue making their way, the two armies come to a halt at opposite ends of each other, with Buzzlina and Hank staring each other down as the latter chuckles.

Hank: How cute. Little pollen pinchers all in a row!

Buzzlina: Prepare to attack, bees.

As both sides are ready for a fight, Willy laments how it'll only take a miracle to stop them now. The creaking of wood grabs Maya's attention, though as she looks at where Gorgo's silhouette is just barely visible behind the hedge. An idea pops into her head.

Maya: Or a Gorgo.

Bug Hunter Team: Gorgo?

Maya: Come on! You need to trust me.

As she flies off towards Gorgo, Y/N is quick to follow after her.

Y/N: Better to try something than try nothing at all!

Willy is encouraged by them both as he follows after them as well while gesturing the others to follow.

Willy: Come on, guys! What are you waiting for?

As they head towards Gorgo to carry out the new plan, Buzzlina addresses her soldiers while Hank and the other hornets watch her every step.

Buzzlina: My dear bees, remember our dear departed Queen. This is for her. Today we make bee-story!

The other bees cheer for a moment until Hank cuts them all off.

Hank: Enough fancy talk! Spitball those syrup-suckers!

The hornets unleash a barrage of spitballs right at the army of bees, with Buzzlina ducking for cover as several bees are hit square in the face.

Buzzlina: Crawley, attack!

Crawley: Uh, attack, right! First row, prepare buckets!

Buzzlina: I said attack, wax-brain!

Crawley: Uhh, of course!

Crawley tries to give the order but hesitates to do so as Buzzlina becomes more agitated. She orders them to attack, despite Crawley wishing to object. Finally, the first row of bees dumps their honey buckets! Onto the heads of Buzzlina while Crawley is left unscathed. The hornets have a laugh over how incompetent the bees were.

Buzzlina: Not on us, the hornets! Drop it on the hornets- ugh, forget it! Charge!!!

The bees finally fly over to the hornets to attack them properly, and she tries to join in on the fray until she realizes that honey is coating her wings. She struggles to fly steadily, and both she and Hank collide with each other and fall to the ground on top of one another.

Hank: Ugh, get offa' me, you fuzzy buzzer!

Buzzlina: You get off!

Above, Crawley gets pelted with spitballs and drops onto a mushroom, his glasses covered in spit. As he tries to get back up, a roar can be heard as he scrambles to wipe the spitballs away from his eyes. Once he can see clearly, he sees a floating piece of fabric with red eyes and a gaping mouth hurling towards him.