What It Means To Be Strong.

Kratos and Sinon were still in the cave as she was still on his lap.

Sinon: That Death Gun was a member of that guild you fought, Laughing Coffin?

She then stood up and held his shoulders.

Sinon: Kratos, tell me one thing. How did you overcome those memories? How did you keep them from controlling your life? How were you able to be so strong now?

Kratos looked at her before answering.

Kratos: I have not.

Sinon then looked at Kratos shocked.

Kratos: Last night, I had a dream where I saw some of the people I killed over and over again. I could barely sleep. Their faces when their avatars disappeared... their voices, their screams... I will never forget them.

Sinon: Th-Then... Then, what do I do?

Kratos then held on of her hands.

Kratos: Sinon, I think that is necessary. I needed to accept what killing them meant, the weight, and to keep thinking. Doing that is the bare minimum of atonement I can do.

Sinon: Accept? Keep thinking?

Sinon looked down for a moment before she layed on Kratos' lap again.

Sinon: Death Gun... Whoever is wearing that cape is a real person, who actually exits, aren't they?

Kratos: Yes. If I knew his name from SAO, we could find his true name and address. That is why I came here.

Sinon: Oh... Then he can't forget about SAO, and he came to GGO because he wants to PK again?

Kratos: I think it is more than that. When he killed Zexceed and Lightly Salted Tarako... And when he killed Pale Rider in this tournament... He chose times when a lot of people were watching. That exaggerated cross sign... He is probably trying to appeal to a large mass of people. To show them that he really has the ability to kill people from a game.

Sinon: But how is that possible?

Kratos: From what I heard, Zexceed and Tarako didn't die of brain damage, but heart failure.

Sinon: Heart failure? That's...

Kratos: I cannot even begin to imagine how he does it. I'd like to think that there's no way to stop a plyer's heart by shooting them in a game.

He then narrowed his eyes as he was thoughtful.

Kratos: No, wait. Come to think of it... It's kind of strange...

Sinon: What is?

Kratos: Why did Death Gun use his rifle to shoot at me back there, rather than his handgun? If he had used his handgun, he could have killed me.

Sinon: That's true.

Sinon shifted on Kratos' lap as he was able to see her rear.