4

Family Portrait - P!nk

''Can we work it out?
Can we be a family?''

Fury, Stark and Banner were all in the lab. Fury had caught up to Tony's plan. Bruce was reassuring the director that everything was fine, before he was interrupted by a beeping sound.

'What is Phase 2?' Tony asks Fury.

A loud metal clang could be heard, which causes all three of the men to look at Captain Rogers, and Agent Stark begind him.

'Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D using the Cube to make weapons.' Steve awnsers. 'Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me' he adds.

'Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean-' Fury was trying to reassure the Captain, before being interrupted by Tony.

'I'm sorry, Nick,' he says while turning his screen. 'What we're you lying?'

'I was wrong Director, the world hasn't changed a bit.' Steve says while Thor and Natasha walk in.

'Did you two know about this?' Bruce asks as he gestures between the two female S.H.I.E.L.D agents.

'You want to think about removing yourself from this environment, Doctor?' Natasha asks.

'Oh, I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed.' Bruce says. 'Loki is manipulating you.' Natasha adds.

'And you've been doing what, exactly?' Bruce snaps. 'No, I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the tesseract to weapons of mass destruction.' He adds.

'Because of him.' Fury awnsers while pointing to Thor. 'Me?' Thor asks, clearly confused.

Fury explains, or rather defends himself, against the Avengers. But Thor quickly snaps back at Fury.

'No, you're work with the tesseract is what drew Loki to this it, and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that Earth is ready for a higher form of war.'

'A higher form?' Steve asks confused.

'You forced our hand,' Fury tries to defend. 'We had to come up with something.'

'A nuclear deterrent,' Tony adds in. 'Cause that always calms everything right down.'

'Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?' Fury asks while turning around.

Steve walks over to the two. 'I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep-' but before he can finish he gets cut of by Tony.

'Wait, wait, hold on. How is this now about me?' Tony asks.

'I'm sorry, isn't everything?' Steve snaps back.

'I thought humans were more evolved than this.' Thor says and Fury turns to him. 'Excuse me, do we come to your planet and blow stuff up?' He says.

Arguing could be heard throughout the entire room, everyone having something to say.

'You treat you champions with such mistrust.' Thor tells Fury 'Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D monitors potential threats' Natasha asks while Amelia, Tony and Steve are arguing on the other side of the room.

'Captain America's on threat watch?' Bruce asks. 'We all are' Romanoff tells him.

'Wait, you're on that list?' Tony asks Steve. 'Yeah, are you above or below angry bees?' Amelia snickers.

'Amelia. If you or your father, so help me God, make one more wisecrack..' Steve says.

'Threatened! I feel verbally threatened' Tony says and Amelia chuckles at her father. 'Show some respect!' The Captain says. 'Both of you!'