20

Hopelessly devoted to you - Olivia Newton John

''i'm out of my head,
hopelessly devoted to you.
hopelessly devoted to you.''

Steve's eyes are closed shut as he tries to forget the memories flooding up in his brain, the horrifying thought of losing Amelia manages to creep up in his thoughts and the Soldier tries his hardest to remind himself that Amelia is right here. That's she's alive.

All Steve wants is to lounge forward, to hold Amelia close to his body and never let go again. To plant kisses over her body and tell her how much he loves her.

But he can't, definitely not in his current state. And, sadly, the same goes for Amelia.

Steve knows Amelia doesn't feel the same way, her voice echoing in his thoughts. 'No strings.'

The same things shoot through Amelia's mind. How could she let this happen? How could she let herself love him.

Steve was in love with Peggy, he could never love her back, Amelia was broken, stubborn and annoying.

And the Mystify refuses to believe that someone with a personality like his could ever love someone with a personality like hers.

Natasha, Amelia and Steve all stare onto the ground, their gazes blank and emotionless while Bruce tries his hardest to shake away the horrible thoughts as he wraps himself deeper in the blanket. Thor paces around the Quinjet nervously and tries his hardest to distract himself from the millions of thoughts running through his mind.

Maria's voice could be heard in the background, but no one except Tony and Clint really listened, instead Bruce, Amelia, Steve, Thor and Natasha all tuned it out.

'The news is loving you guys, nobody else is.' Maria says honestly. 'There's been no official call for Banners arrest, but it's in the air.'

'The Stark Relief Foundation?' Tony asks. 'Already on the scene.' Hill states before sighing. 'How's the team?' She asks sympathetically.

'Everyone's...' Tony trails off, unsure of what to say 'We took a hit, well shake it off.' The billionaire tries to reassure.

'Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here.' Maria says. 'So, run and hide?' Tony asks while looking Maria, who's on a video call, in the eyes.

'Until we can find Ultron, I have nothing else to offer.' Agent Hill says apologetically. 'Neither do we.' Tony sighs, his eyes falling on his daughter before standing up

'Hey, you wanna switch out?' Tony asks Clint. 'No, I'm good. If you wanna get some lip, bows a good time. Because we're still a few hours out.' The archer says.

'Few hours from where?' Tony asks. 'A safe house.' Clint says, his eyes glued on the sky.

——————————————————

All the Avengers walk up the stairs to Clint's house. Clint and Natasha up front. Behind them walk Thor and Tony. 'What is this place?' The God asks.

'A safe house.' Tony shrugs in response. 'Let's hope.' Clint sighs before entering the door and letting go of Natasha's shoulder.

Amelia smiles lightly as she sees the front door, knowing she remembers this place all too well.

The young Stark sighs as she leans into Steve even more, the Soldier is holding his arm protectively around her waist, Amelia can't deny the butterflies forming in her stomach, but either way, her mind is still not in the right head space to really comprehend anything that's going on.