8: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Shut up - Blink182

''i'll never ask permission from you.
fuck off,
i'm not listening to you.

The next morning Steve decided to take a run in Washington. He does this a lot, exercise is a way to clear his mind from all his duties for a few hours.

As he sees a man jogging in front of him, he decides to listen to Amelia for once, thinking back to what she said yesterday.

He really was due to meet some new twenty-first century people anyways. Running even faster, he passes the man, who's  jogging at a normal pace.

'On your left.' He breathes out running past the man.

He takes an entire lap around the lake until he passes the man again, a few miles further than we're they last crossed paths, but the man definitely had not run a full lap.

'On your left.' Steve breathes out again, running past the man at an insane speed. 'On my left, uh-huh. Got it.' The man says to him, a little annoyed.

Steve runs even faster, catching up to the man easily in a very short period of time. 'Don't say it, don't you say it.' The man tells him.

Steve decides to mess with the man a little. 'On your left.' He says again, ignoring what the man just said.

'Come on!' The man yells as he picks up his pace, but Steve is gone already, and the man gives up.

Steve runs a few more laps until he sees the man sitting against a tree, breathing heavily and lots of sweat dripping down his head, and onto his sweatshirt.

All while Steve hasn't even broken a sweat. 'Need a medic.' He says playfully, walking up to the man.

The man chuckles loudly. 'I need a new set of lungs.' The man says breathing heavily. 'Dude, you just ran like 13 miles in 30 minute.' He says in disbelief.

'Guess I got a late start.' Steve says, putting his hands on his hips. 'Really?' The man laughs out. 'You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap.'

Steve grins widely. 'Did you just take it? I assume you just took it.' The man says playfully.

'What unit you with?' Steve asks pointing at his sweatshirt. '58th para rescue. But now I'm working down at the VA.' He awnsers.

The man puts up his hand, gesturing for Steve to help him up. Steve understand and grabs his hand.

'Sam Wilson.' The man than states. 'Steve Rogers.' The Captain says in return.

'I kinda put that together.' Sam groans. 'Must have freaked you out, coming home after the whole defrosting thing.' The man states.

'It takes some getting used to.' Steve sighed. 'Good to meet you, Sam.' He says before turning away, hoping he still had time to shower before someone would probably text him with another mission again.

'It's your bed right?' The man asked, making Steve turn back around. 'What's that?' He asks.

'It's your bed, it's to soft. When I was over there, we'd sleep on the ground, use pillows for rocks. Now I'm home, lying in my bed and it's like..'

'Like lying on a marshmallow, like I'm gonna sink right through the floor.' Steve finishes. And the man nods in return.

'How long?' Rogers asks Sam. 'Two tours.' He awnsers. 'You must miss the good old days, huh?' Sam asks.

'Things aren't so bad.' Steve starts. 'Foods a lot better. We used to boil everything. No polio is good. And internet, so helpful. Been reading that a lot trying to catch up.' He says.