35 (XII)

Mercy - Shawn Mendes

''consuming all the air inside my lungs.
ripping all the skin from of my bones.
I'm prepared to sacrifice my life,
i would gladly do it twice.''

Amelia looks around the ocean, trying her best to find the raft in the water. The prison would only come up when people had to exit or enter, so she didn't have long.

Suddenly, the well known noise of a helicopter makes Amelia look to her right. And surely enough, the chopper stops, and the pilot's eyes widen as he sees a woman flying above the water.

Amelia.

Steve's breath gets hitched in his throat as he sees her flying towards him, her purple forcefield keeping her up.

The Mystify flies at him with full speed, careful not to hit the propellers before she quickly enters the helicopter.

Two share a loving glance before their lips crash into one another, tears welling in both their eyes. 'Oh my god.' Amelia giggles as she study's Steve's features, her hands on his cheeks.

'Oh, Millie. I love you so so so much.' Steve smile brightly as he holds his girlfriend close to his body. 'I love you too, so much.' The young Stark smiles back.

'What are you doing here?' Steve quickly asks after he put the helicopter in auto-pilot. 'You didn't think I'd let you do this alone, did you?' Amelia giggles as Steve plants kisses all over her face.

'I'm so glad you're here.' The Captain smiles brightly, still tracing kisses on Amelia's entire face. 'Ross will come, he'll arrest you.' Steve says with a worried face.

'I'm already a fugitive, I'll come with you.' Amelia simply shrugs, making Steve's mouth fall agape. 'What about your father?' He asks.

'I'm a pretty good spy, I could probably sneak in there when I want.' Amelia simply shrugs. 'But Tony hasn't forgiven me, he'll arrest us all.' Steve says sadly, definitely not surprised Tony hadn't forgiven him. How could he ever forgive him after what he'd done?

'Ross will probably call him, I think dad will let it slide.' Amelia says with a grin. 'But what if you couldn't see him or your mom again?' The Captain asks hesitantly.

'Then I'd still come.' Amelia states simply, like it's nothing. 'You'd do that for me?' Steve asks surprised.

'I'd do anything for you, Stevie.' Amelia smiles brightly.

'I'd do anything for you.' Steve smiles back.

'Now let's go, we've got a jailbreak to do. You have a plan right?' Amelia quickly asks after planting a kiss on Steve's lips.

———————————————————

After landing the chopper on top of the now lifted Raft, Amelia and Steve enter the building, Amelia making some stairs with her powers for her boyfriend to walk on as she flies beside him.

Carefully the two look around and sneak to the commanding room, slowly opening the door.

The guards turn their head to face the door, and the Captain and the Mystify both get to work. Steve, now without a shield, easily knocks about 5 guys down with his bare hands, while Amelia takes out the other 5 with her powers and the help of her hand to hand combat.

'They'll watch the tapes.' Amelia reminds her boyfriend and he nods, before turning towards the screens. He punches them one by one, the glass easily shattering under his powerful hands as the screen goes black.

'Let's go.' The Captain says as he grabs her hand and leads her towards the cells.

Amelia looks around the room in horror. Clint lays motionless on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Wanda gazes is blank and numb from the pain as she wraps herself closer in her restrictors. Sam and Scott both stare aimlessly to the ground, their faces exhausted and bored.