27 (VII)

Brother - Kadoline.

''i've got you brother.
though we don't share the same blood.
you're my brother and i love you,
that's the truth.''

'So basically, i want to help him adjust and help with his memories.' Steve finally sums up.

Everyone looks at the Captain with narrowed eyes, rethinking everything he just explained to the team.

'But how did you manage to sneak in a huge super soldier with a metal arm without anyone noticing?' Tony eventually asks, being the first one to break the silence.

'I noticed.' Nat shrugs, making everyone look at her in disbelief. 'I just promised them not to tell anyone.' The redhead defends.

'Wait a minute them? Who's them?' Rhodey asks. 'Steve and Ames.' Everyone turns to look at Amelia who simply looks at them, not changing her stoned expression.

'You helped?' Tony exclaims at his daughter. 'Why?' The billionaire practically yells.

'Because I know what Hydra can do!' Amelia yells back, making everyone sadly drop their gaze. 'Hydra totally ruined his life, and Bucky did not deserve that. So I wanted to help him.' The young Stark defends.

Tony's face immediately softens and he gets visibly uncomfortable as he thinks about the things HYDRA did to his daughter.

'You're right, I'm so sorry sweetheart.' Stark says as he brushes a strand of hair out of his daughters face.

'It's okay.' Amelia smiles softly, before clearance takes over her fathers face 'Alright, let's do it. Does he want to stay here? We've got the room.' Tony says as he stands up.

Steve's eyes widen and he shoots Tony a thankful glance. 'Thank you, Tony. Truly.' The Captain says with a light perplexed smile.

'It's alright Cap, we've all done things we're not proud of. Besides. We all know how much Barnes means to you.' Tony says, patting Steve's shoulder before everyone starts moving.

Eventually, everyone finally leaves the room. All except for Steve, who's mindlessly staring into the distance. Amelia turns back around just as she is about to leave, and a worried glance takes over her face at the sight of Steve, leaning against the table.

'Stevie?' Amelia says softly. No response. 'Steve?' She tries again. Nothing. The young Stark walks over to her boyfriend and places a loving hand on his shoulder, which snaps Steve out of his thoughts.

The captains gaze immediately softens as he looks down at Amelia, he slumps his arm around her and pulls her close to his body. The brunette places her arm on his abdomen and snuggles her face into the side of chest.

'Millie?' Steve asks after some seconds of silence. 'Mhm?' Amelia hums in reply. The Captain hesitates for a moment, unsure of what to say.

'What are we going to do about ho- your grandparents.' Steve quickly says, making Amelia's stomach twist.

Ever since she found out, Amelia had been trying to avoid this subject as much as possible. No matter how stupid it was, the young Stark just couldn't bring herself to tell her father. So, instead, she just locked it up somewhere in her brain and tried to forget about. Amelia had dropped a few hints, and tried to tell her father sometimes, something he definitely caught on with.

Every time she tried to tell him, Amelia ended up not doing it and just saying something random. Safe to say, Tony did grow a bit suspicious. Especially because Amelia had went as for as mentioning her grandparents death and other stuff about them.