13

Heart to Heart - Mac DeMarco

''to all the days we were together.
to all the time we were apart,
heart to heart.''

A loud beep takes over Natasha's ears as she hears Steve grunts in the distance.

'Steve?' She manages to groan out. 'Nat?' He says with a cough while trying his hardest to throw away the debris around them.

Steve quickly turns to his left, to see Amelia laying there. Unconscious.

The soldier scatters and gets to her as quickly as possible while still coughing loudly. He grabs her in his arms, her head laying on his shoulder.

'Nat? You okay?' Steve quickly asks. 'Yeah.' Natasha groans while getting up.

Steve breathes heavily as he looks around at the mess before them, everything now in ruïnes. Before a huge plane flies above them.

Steve, wasting no seconds, pushes Natasha's in dient of him to try and keep her out sight. While gesturing for her to run.

—————————————————

A knock on the door makes Sam Wilson put down his Orange juice and walk towards the noise.

He opens the door to see Steve, Natasha and, the now awake, Amelia. 'Hey man.' The falcon says.

'I'm so sorry about this, we need a place to lay low.' Steve breathes out while looking the man sincerely in his eyes.

'Everyone we know is trying to kill us.' Amelia tells the man. 'Not everyone.' Sam says before gesturing for them to come in, closing the door behind them.

Steve wishes his hand as the sight of Amelia on the bed, staring into the distance catches his eyes. He grabs a towel and walks over to her.

'You okay?' Steve asks. 'Yeah.' She nods. But Steve looks uncertain and throws the towel away before making his way to sit in front of her.

'What's going on?' Steve asks, a concerned look plastered on his face.

Amelia directs her gaze to the ground and hesitates slightly before making up her mind and looking up face Steve. 'What am I gonna tell my dad?' She asks worriedly.

Steve sighs, not knowing what to say. 'It will break him.' The Agent sighs. 'Fuck.' She exclaims.

Amelia takes a minute to think about it, before shaking away her thoughts. And looking Steve in his eyes again.

'I owe you.' She finally states, Steve shakes his head while looking down. 'It's okay.' He says.

'If it was the other way around, if it came down to me to save your life, now you be honest with me. Would you trust me do it?' Amelia asks sincerely.

Steve looks her in the eyes. 'I would now.' He states, making Amelia let out a breath she didn't even realise she was holding.

'And I'm always honest.' He says with a light smile on his face.

Amelia grins at the man. 'Well, you seem pretty chipper for someone who just found out they died for nothing.' She says.

'Well, I guess I just like to know who I'm fighting.' He shrugs lightly.

Amelia smiles at him lightly before shooting him a worried glance. 'I don't know who you do it.' She finally sighs.

'Do what?' Steve asks. 'Be so..' Amelia trails off, trying to find the right words. 'strong. All the time.' She finally finishes.