36 (XIII)

Gilded lily - Cults

''haven't i given enough?
always the fool with the slowest heart.
but i know you'll take me with you,
i know i'll take you with me.''

7th of July, 2016.

It has been two months since the civil war, two months since the team was lastly all together. Two months since their last annual training, or their family-like dinners.

It has been nearly 2 months since Amelia and Steve last saw each other, nearly 2 months since their goodbye had gone by. Nearly 2 months since they last touched each other, or their lips met one another.

It's quiet at the compound, unusually so. Amelia, Rhodey, Vision and Tony were pretty much the only Avengers left in the building.

There was no laughter that filled the hallways anymore, Sam's and Bucky's bickering was long gone. No more voices that happily overlapped during dinner time, and the sound of Clint yelling at Amelia during just dance hasn't been heard by anyone in 2 months.

On the bright said, and much to Amelia's happiness, Pepper and Tony had patched things up and their relationship was now stronger than it had ever been.

But nevertheless, Amelia felt empty. She missed her best friends Natasha and Clint. She missed Bucky, she missed Wanda. Hell, the young Stark even missed Scott a little bit.

But most of all, Amelia missed Steve. Her Steve. The one she could always rely on, who always exactly understood her.

And as time went past, the pain in Amelia heart exchanged itself for void. The young Stark felt utterly and completely alone.

It was just another day, not unlike any other one the brunette had managed to pull herself through in the last 2 months.

Amelia stares at the picture in her hands, it was taken on the day the whole team went to Coney Island. For a 'vacation-fun-Avengers-trip.' as Tony had called it.

The young Stark's finger graze over the image of Steve, smiling brightly as Amelia plants a kiss on his cheek.

It was before anyone knew about the two, so Amelia had always hidden the photo and the couple had made sure to make it in a Photo Booth, where no one could see them.

Under it was another image, and another one, Amelia and Steve grinning widely in both of them.

A teardrop falls unto the photo-paper, belonging to Amelia. Slowly, more and more tears fall from the brunettes eyes and she can feel her breathing get staggered.

Loud, uncontrolled sobs exit from her mouth as more and more tears roll over her cheeks. Amelia forces a hand on her mouth to try and muffle the sounds, while she shuts her eyes painfully.

This definitely wasn't the first time this happend. Tony and Pepper would be lying if they didn't say they lie awake at night, listening to the sounds of their daughters cries before they try their best to comfort her in their arms.

Simply the thought of Steve makes tears form in Amelia's eyes these days.

The young Stark's breathing gets staggered and it feels as though the walls are closing in on her. Amelia's lip trembles as her heart rate speeds up and she breaks out in sweat.

''somethings wrong, somethings wrong, somethings wrong.'' the voice in Amelia's keeps repeating.

''oh God, please don't let me die, please.''

The stagger in Amelia's breath only picks up, she can't move and the brunette feels as though she is having a heart attack.

''this is it, i'm dying.'' Amelia thinks as her mind starts to race, it almost feels like she's being held underwater with no way of coming up for air.