25 (V)

Apocalypse - Cigarettes after Sex

''apocalypse.
go and sneak us through the rivers,
come and haunt us.''

The next morning everyone is seated at the table, busily chatting while eating breakfast.

Steve and Amelia share a few loving glances, both of them quickly looking away to try and not make anything obvious.

'All i'm saying is I could easily take Amelia, if she didn't have those powers.' Sam snickers.

Amelia glances at him in disbelief, as do the rest of the Avengers.

'Right.' Amelia chuckles before returning her attention back to her breakfast.

'No, i'm serious!' Sam pleads again.

Sure..

An hour later the Falcon is laying on the mat, heavily breathing as he rubs his shoulders and knees. All while Amelia looks down at him with a smirk.

'You almost won, Sam!' Amelia cheers playfully as she helps her friend get up. He scoffs and rolls his eyes before muttering something to himself.

'I'm going to get something to drink, be right back.' Amelia smiles and Sam nods in agreement, still trying to recover from the hits he took.

The young Stark walks around the hallways when a particular group of men grabs her attention.

They're were often people walking around the compound. Wether they were formal SHIELD agents, worked for Tony or worked in the lab, Amelia pretty much knew everyone.

So, the brunette looks at them in confusion when she can't identify the men.

'Friday, could you identify those men?' Amelia softly asks. 'Scanning authorisation.' The IA responds.

'Identify not found, these men don't have the authority to be here.' Friday eventually concludes.

Amelia decides to walk closer, pushing her body against the wall as she tries to hear the voices.

'Ja, Herr.' The man says, Amelia frowns but luckily for her, the brunette was fluent in lots of languages. Including German.

'Yes, sir.' Is what she translated it to, before the man opposite of him says something. Being to far away, Amelia could not hear what he said.

She did however, hear the man's response. 'Wir werden die Avengers heute Abend abbauen.' The man says.

Amelia's heart drops. 'We'll take the Avengers down tonight.'

The men stop talking, quickly asserting themselves and trying to fade into the crowds. Amelia notices something, an earpiece.

————————————————————

10 minutes later Amelia is overriding all the comms in the building, searching for the one of the German men.

Flicking through the channels as she typed things into the system, until Amelia finally finds the one channel she's looking for.

'Rumlow.' Amelia mutters as she sees the man on the camera footage, talking with some agents. Some of them who Amelia really trusted, still HYDRA. 'Fuck.'

Rumlow looks different, his whole face is scarred. He's barely recognisable, yet Amelia still knows it's him.

'Friday, could you please scan out their conversation for me?' Amelia asks. The IA mutes any background conversations so the young Stark could easily hear everything that was being said.