20. A brief, but patient illness.

Episode six; A brief, but patient illness

Maggie was preparing breakfast, she placed bread, and four orange slices on the plate along with two cups of water. She began carefully picking it up. Henry walked inside almost running it Maggie "how's she doing?" He asked worried. "Not too good. Been in bed almost a week now." Maggie explained "I suppose if it's her time, then it's her time." Henry said

"The Lord takes who he wants." Maggie said sadly as she starts to head for the stairs.

"Sure does."

Mr Dickinson stops Infront of her grabbing at the tray "Maggie, I'll take that upstairs." Maggie tugged at the tray a little "Oh, no. I don't mind." She responded. Mr Dickinson tugged at it "I said I'd take it." He firmly spoke. Maggie let go of the tray letting Me Dickinson take it "Very good, sir." She back away.

He made his way up the stairs and to his daughter's room, carrying the tray, he lightly knocked on the door, before opening it he placed the tray onto her bed side table. Emily groaned in pain, she had been bed ridden for a week. She turned her head to the left to look at her father. He sighs at her condition.

"How is your head?" Mr Dickinson asked as he sat down on the stool next to her bed. Emily groaned in pain, "Aching. It's like thunder." Her voice cracked, Mr Dickinson placed his hand on her forehead to feel a temperature, her forehead felt hot.

"Well, I've ordered the whole house silent." He spoke and moved his hand away from her head and he picked up bread and passed it to her "Here...Please try to eat." Emily looked at the bread and slowly took it from his hand, she took a small bite from it and her face turned into disgusted, she wasn't hungry and her stomach hurt.

"There you go.....So, Dr. Brewster will be here by the early afternoon." He said, Emily looked towards him "I don't think that's necessary." She responded. "You're all peaked and ashen." Her father said as he touched her forehead again. Emily groans at the contact.

"I'm not taking any chances." Mr Dickinson urged on, he stood up and tucked her in "Get some sleep." He said as he retreat back to the door. Closing it, Emily layed asleep for a few minutes before she opened her eyes, the world around her seemed to glow.