Chapter 28.

Y/n started to feel better as the party went on, she slowed down on the drinks (Emily was happy about that), she walked around eating the food of the tables placed around the house. She stopped and was about to take a grape. When Jane came up to the table, Y/n and Jane had a weird relationship, she was a bitch to Y/n so in return Y/n was a bitch to her, but also Jane had done some lovely stuff towards Y/n, but Jane was normally stuck-up to everyone who she believes is lower then herself.

"What Jane?" Y/n asked already getting a headache. Emily kept her eyes on both of them. Y/n isn't below tripping this girl when she isn't looking.

Y/n and Jane talked for a little before Jane started being rude again acting like she is higher than Y/n, and she is, Y/n came from a poor family but she doesn't like people speaking poorly against her family or their status.

"Jane, I am getting a headache with every word you utter" Y/n gave her a sarcastic smile and then walked off to find Sue. Pushing through the large crowd of family and friends. The guests all started to fill into the dinning room, all looking for their name tags, Y/n's name tagged was next to Emily and Jane. "Ben come sit over here" Emily gestured to the seat at the end of the table where her mother would normally sit. "But doesn't your mother sit there" He asked her softly, She nodded "yes but not if she won't come down" Emily laughed a little, but it was a sad thing for her mother to be so sad that she won't even come down for her family.

"Where is my sister i'm beginning to worry" Aunt Lavinia asked, as she leaned over to emily, but not before Emily's mothers voices came down the stairs as she walked a little clumsily and Emily shot Y/n a pointed look. 'What' she mouthed back with an innocent smile, Emily was thinking about how Y/n drank drink after drink, and still wouldn't tell her why. Emily had caught her before that staring off into space. Y/n quickly went to help Sue with the gravy. The seating placement changed as everyone shuffled around to make room and Y/n quickly went into the kitchen to fetch another plate and utensils and placed them in front of Mrs Dickinson "Thank you dear" She gave a smile which she returned as she sat down Emily gripped her hand under the table and out of view from anyone 'are you okay?' Emily mouthed as Austin came in announcing dinner is served placing the turkey in the centre of the table. 'I'm fine' She mouthed back and gave Emily's hand a squeeze.

The sounds of utensils scrapping on plates and muttering of talking filled the room with a sense of calmness, a peace. Y/n still hated Christmas without Mary, but she had to learn to move on, to keep going for her older sister. She needed to find peace in her death. Because Mary wouldn't want her to be lost on the holiday and unhappy. Y/n listened in to the different conversations, Aunt Lavinia felt reborn after her trip. A widow has morning her husband's death. " So Y/n, Sue, How was your trip to boston?" One of the relatives asked, Mrs dickinson must have told them, Sue and Y/n went to boston.  Emily stiffen up against Y/n, She felt it in the way Emily's hand gripped hers "Oh it was wonderful, i met this older woman and she helped me write my music by letting me borrow her piano" Y/n sparked up, even if she didn't leave on the best of intentions, she still had a wonderful time, not matter how much her heart did ache. "Did you meet anyone special?" Again the the husband talk, is that all anyone talks about? "Yes i did, He was very nice and we meet as i worked as one of the maids to the inn i was staying in" Wrong it was actually because i worked on pouring the drinks but detail..details

"Can we see anything in the future?" The women asked already invested in the converation. Emily's jaw tensed as she continued to eat her food.

"No, he was just a friend." Y/n stated clearing any intention others had, it was weird for a beautiful women like Y/n to be unmarried or without a husband, and for her to be with Emily twenty four seven, it was unnatural if you will.