01 - the unexpected reunion.

"Reve!" I turned around to face a beaming Naddie. Nadeleine Belamour, class president of ABM A, cluster 5 representative, English Club treasurer, and straight with high honors student. She is known as Blanche University's "Miss Perf-incess," or a perfect princess, as they refer to her. However, in my opinion, she comes out as a girl who caves in too quickly, more of a marupok (someone who is easily swayed) than a pushover.

"Guess what?" She maintained a grin, which alarmed me.

"Don't tell me.. did you-"

"We're back together!" She was so ecstatic as she said. As soon as I heard the news, I couldn't help but facepalm. Although I knew it was coming, I tried to hide it. I was talking specifically about this. Miss Perfection does not exist. This girl needs to keep her act up together.

"I texted you such long advice but you didn't read them, didn't you?"

"I read it, I swear. But only the first few sentences. I mean you were just ranting about things you don't like about him. And he apologized to me-"

"For cheating?! He only apologized to you after what he did and now you're back together with him?" I said, fuming.

"He promised he'll never do it again."

"He said that billions of times already, Nadeleine. How many more time does he need to cheat for you to open your eyes? You're top of your class and yet you're this dumb and stupid when it comes to this?" I became aware that my tone may have gone too far when I saw the expression on her face.

"I'm..." I wanted to apologize but she embraced me tightly as she teared up.

"I know that I'm being stupid right now but I just can't get over him, yet." She said.

"I swear this will be the last time." She added while pouting.

She had previously made that statement, yet here we are. I let her win because I don't want to oppose more. But it does not imply I am forgiving that guy. He had already seriously hurt my friend, and I was done. It's time to get even. But there is an important problem. I haven't seen him and don't know who he is. Even if he does exist, I have no idea who he is.

He met Naddie a few months ago after they connected online. How was he caught cheating, and how did Naddie find out? He attends the same school as Samantha and Samuel, the twin cousins of Naddie. While Samuel is close friends with the cheater, Sammy, also known as Samantha, is the one who is spilling the beans to us.

"Who was it this time?" I asked bluntly.

"Huh?" Naddie looked perplexed.

"Who did he cheat with this time? I didn't ask you when you guys broke up since I thought you wouldn't want to talk about it, since you're back together and all..."

"Oh, the same as before. A one-night stand." I immediately regretted asking Naddie when she said that.

That guy is unbelievable. Just as I believe and always will, alcohol is no excuse to cheat!

.
.

The week flew fast, and nothing much happened after Naddie informed me about the two of them reconciling. The days that followed were very usual, with the exception of everyone, including myself, being stressed because it was nearly the end of the first semester's finals and tests. Naddie has been busy preparing for English month, while I kept myself occupied by partying all weekend.

I woke up with such a headache; I drank a lot last night, which explains the horror I went through. I went to school looking fresh, but my head was pounding, I felt sick, and every inch of my body was unpleasant.

I was about to take a drink of the hangover soup that Naddie had brought me when I heard my phone ring, and I chose to answer the call despite my irritation. I let the caller speak first and recognized who it was right away.

"When did you arrive?" I said with enthusiasm.

"Just yesterday." He chuckled.

"Did you plan on surprising me that's why you didn't tell me?"

"I did but you look scary with that poker face of yours. From this angle, it's scary to approach you." My eyes widened and I looked around rapidly, my face beaming as our gazes collided.

I grinned as he raced towards me, quickly grabbing my waist and pulling me in for a kiss. We pulled away with our smiles remaining on our cheeks and our eyes glued on one other.

"Hi." I breathed.

"Hey." He said before kissing my forehead.

"I missed you." He whispered.

"I missed you, too, Suho."

Suho and I had been dating for about a year, however, we split up one month after we met. Long-distance relationships are challenging since we don't get to spend as much time together as we would want because he needs to return to Korea. We've never met in person for the last 11 months, despite the fact we regularly speak via video calls and chats. It was difficult, but we conquered it.

"Ehem" We were pulled back to reality when we heard someone clearing their throat and realized we weren't the only ones in the room.

"You guys act as if you haven't seen each other in decades. It hasn't even been a year since Suho left." Naddie rolled her eyes, and I chuckled.

I spotted the twins behind her, and it didn't take long for me to understand that everyone had returned to El Regalias.

"Is it break there in Korea? How come you're back?" I asked as I faced Suho.

"We're transferring here," Suho said and I gasped.

"What?!"

"Why did you tell her? I should be the one telling her this." Naddie glared at Suho and he shrugged in response.

"Anyways... Reve"Naddie approached me and, when I was within her grasp, she smiled as she held my hands.

"I haven't formally introduced you to him yet and I thought today is a perfect time." She smiled.

Him? The cheater? Is he going back as well? My mind was racing with questions, but I was too stunned to respond. I'm scared I'll say something that ruins the day.

"Oh, here he is. Babe!" I followed where Naddie and everyone else was staring, and then my heart dropped.

It seemed as though someone from the dead had resurrected. As soon as our eyes connected, I had chills and my cheeks turned pale. Perhaps this feeling stems from my astonishment at seeing him again after 5 years.

My knees were shaky and I was ice cold. The fact that he wasn't even shocked to see me made me assume that he already knew who he was going to see. He was more relaxed than I was, and I tried not to make it too evident, but I think Sam was enjoying what was happening in front of him.

I should've known better. Sam's only close friend was Leih. I was surprised since I assumed he was studying in London. I had no idea he'd accompany Sam to Korea. Sam was attempting to hide his grin from the corner of my eye. That cunning goblin.

"Leih Silverstre. It's nice to meet you." He stated this as he extended his hand for me to shake.

"Reverie Soairse Torejas." I shook his hand as I forced a smile.

Of all the things that might happen to me, this was one of those things that made me wonder what the world was trying to do to me. Are they punishing me or just having fun with me? Suho returning is one thing, but seeing Leih again is quite another.

This might result in a misunderstanding or a disaster.