15 - the return to reality (unedited)

The day has come and it's time to go back. Our break will be over next week, I would've stayed here longer if we don't have to report back for our work here as volunteers. There are still things to process for me to finally complete my grade for last semester. We bid goodbyes to everyone before we hopped in the car. Nero had important things to do so he couldn't see me off but we bid goodbyes last night and promised to call and text each other. I will miss this place so much. This place held so many memories and will leave a special place in my heart.

.
.

It's been a week since we went back to the city, it's the first day back in school and the issues that happened on my birthday died down. Areum's popularity has decreased because she was exposed many times during the break which made her drop out and move schools. No one knew where she transferred and none cared. Suho on the other hand stayed in Korea for good after what Kuya and Nero did to him. Speaking of Nero, in the first few days of us apart we stayed contact but in these last days, I couldn't contact him anymore which made me worry.

"Stop staring at your phone, he's probably busy with the farm. My Tito is not the type to ghost anyone. You're lucky you're her first girlfriend." Naddie assured me. I hope she's right.

Another week passed, and the college students break ended. I met up with Sohan a couple of times and was surprised when he told me that he finally let Xantos court him. I was so happy for them. Naddie was right, Nero did contact me but only once a day. He barely replies to my texts and he doesn't answer my calls. He told me the farm was super busy and that he didn't have time to check his phone.

"Have you heard the new transferees looked so hot?" I heard someone say.

"But they're like graduating this year right?" Her friend said.

Transferees? In a senior year? That's quite risky. Why did the school allow that? I was reviewing for the upcoming quiz with one of my subjects when someone occupied the seat in front of me. I looked up to see who it was and my eyes widened. I was about to scream but he told me to quiet down as we were in the library. He helped me back my things before he grabbed my hands and we both ran out of the library. I couldn't help but hug him tight.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"What do you mean? I study here." Nero said which shocked me.

"No, you don't"

"Ever heard of homeschooled?"

"Oh my god. I love you." I gave him a kiss and he kissed me back. Upon hearing someone clearing their throat, we pulled away and faced Naddie who was giving us death glares.

It didn't take time before the news spread about my relationship with Nero. We were inseparable for the last three months. We studied together, and eat lunch together, even though I didn't have time to meet Venice and Naddie. I was too busy dating. We were such a well-known couple and everyone in the city knew about us as both our families are pretty well known, it wasn't long before Mom and Dad knew.

They pulled me for a talk and that they wanted to tell me something. The look on their faces made me worried, and when Kuya suddenly came into the room. I knew what this talk is about.

"We wanted to talk to you about, your relationship with Nero." Mom said breaking the silence.

"What's wrong with me dating Nero?" They can tell by my tome that I was getting irritated which made Kuya get mad.

"He's about to graduate in college, while you're still going to enter college. You're too young for him." Kuya enraged.

"It's better if you don't date now and maybe someday in the future-" I couldn't let Mom finish. I thought they'd understand me but instead, they're like those other people who judged Nero and I's relationship. It's only a four-year age gap. It's not like I'm dating someone like Dad's age. They're over-exaggerating.