09 - a mini exploration a the heart of the town (unedited)

When I arrived at the farm, the place was so busy. Everyone was all over the place. I didn't know what was going on so I looked for someone I know to ask what was going on. I later then found Sohan. I walked towards him and when he spotted me, he waved at me and I simply greeted him with a good morning.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Everyone's preparing for the upcoming Fiesta." He answered.

"Fiesta?"

"Yes, the Feast Day of Beaumont patron saint, it's on December 15. Five days from now." He said. So that explains why everyone is so busy. I heard that whenever there's an event in town, it became very busy on the farm because there are many orders. 

I didn't notice that Sohan was feeding Missy if she didn't make a sound. I was surprised when she suddenly came closer to me. She was too adorable so I petted her. I and Sohan continued our talk as I asked him about the fiesta and what the fun things they planned this year. He knew so much which made me wonder where he got those information from. Cough, Xantos, cough.

We were busy talking when suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist and dragged me making me almost stumble but I was quick to react before I could fall to my face. Also, the person's grip was so tight it could prevent me from falling. I didn't get to say goodbye to Sohan as before I could progress what just happened, we were already away from where Sohan was.

"What are you trying to do?" I snapped.

"Hop in." He demanded. He looked like he could kill someone so I entered the truck when he opened the door for me.

"Mama asked me to get things to the city. Since you don't have work to do, instead of flirting around, you're coming with me." 

"But I wasn't flirting around-"

"No excuses." He said before he gently shut the door which was not what I expected. He was so mad just now, I expected him to harshly shut the door but instead, he did the opposite.

The whole car ride was silent and the tension was suffocating me. He noticed how tense and uncomfortable I was when he glanced in my direction. I watched in the rearview mirror how his eyes from a deathly stare suddenly softened.

He sighed before he spoke, "I'm sorry. I was in a bad mood and I took it out on you."

"It's alright." I'm used to Nero fooling around and all being teasing but now that I saw this new side of him, it made me add to my list to never mess with Nero or at least get him really mad. He looks like he could kill someone anytime whenever he's angry.

The streets were busier than the last time I went here. I also noticed that there was something being constructed in the small space right beside the highway. When we passed by the entrance there was a sign and a big text written "Perya". I looked at Nero with a big grin on my face.

"Can we go there?" I pleaded.

"Maybe on the day of the fiesta." He said.

"But it'll be too crowded."

"How about the night before? I heard there's a pageant held that night and the people will gather at the gym. There will be barely any people at that time." He suggested.

"That works for me!" I was like a kid happy to hear that we'll be going to a mini carnival. I heard him chuckle at my reaction but I ignored him. I don't care if I look like a kid right now. As long as it's something fun, then I'm in!

 Nero parked where he parked the last time. I begged him to let me come with him but he was against it and told me to stay here. I really wanted to tour the place but he told me to do it next time. I was about to give up when I spotted Xantos. I shouted his name and it took a while before I got his attention.

"He can take me," I said as I pointed to Xantos. He was confused as to why I suddenly pointed at him and why Nero was looking at him like he could eat him alive.