06 - how a burn almost gave me a heart attack (unedited)

"I'm sorry for dragging you into this." I apologized as we walked to nowhere.

"It's all good." We continued to walk without any plan of where to go. It was awkward and I wanted to lighten the mood a bit by introducing myself to him.

"I'm Reverie by the way- Although you probably know my name as your guest at my birthday but I just thought that it's proper to introduce myself. You know, I dragged you here and it's probably the weirdest debut you've been to all your life. I mean- I bet those you've attended before didn't have any drama just like this one. I actually didn't expect anything like this to happen and I'm sorry if I got you involved. You know, you can just go and leave me alone. You don't have to accompany me or anything it's just that-" I didn't notice I was blabbering too much if he hadn't stopped me.

"Breathe. It's okay. And it's not very gentlemanly of me to leave a girl who no offense is not in her proper mind right now in the streets. You know how dangerous it is to leave a girl walking alone at night."

"Thank you, I guess. um, I still don't know your name. If you mind me asking... But it's totally okay if you're not comfortable with it. I mean I also would not be comfortable too if someone-"

"Call me Alejandro."

Alejandro. Quite a nice name.

"Do you want to eat anything?" He asked out of the blue.

"What?" He then nod his head towards a direction which I followed and saw the big 7/11 sign.

"A drink will do."

.
.

Oh shit. It's that Alejandro guy I ran away with!

"Kuya Nero!" Samuel ran to him like a kid seeing his favorite Uncle after a long time. They did a handshake as I stood there completely dumbfounded.

Kuya Nero?!

After introducing ourselves. Just in time, the other volunteer arrived. He introduced himself as Sohan Riaz. He was a first-year college and volunteered here for the experience. I later then found out that this guy was top in their year. I can't believe I even thought that he ended up here for the same reason as mine. We were complete opposites.

After unpacking, we were called out for dinner. We all gathered in the living room as the food was prepared there. There are an equal of 5 people including me that gathered to eat but I swear I saw more people earlier. There was only me, Sohan, Naddie, Sam and "Nero".

I walked up to Naddie as I didn't see their driver around. I asked her where their driver was and she replied, "He and the others already ate downstairs." Oh, so my guess was right. The other workers are gathered there while we were gathered here. But we're also considered workers as we will be working at the farm. Why are we eating here?

The silence was broken by Samuel who did not stop talking about his life in the city to his Uncle. Nero was silent the whole time as he ate and listen to the stories Samuel told him. 

"I wish you were there to witness that with me. It was so much fun, I swear!" He said with his mouthful. I can tell how much Samuel adored his uncle. Him telling these things when Nero didn't even ask about them. And him wanting to be there as he tried his first time really shows how close they are. As for Naddie, she hated it when Nero warned her about not having boyfriends yet as she's still young for that and Naddie pulled the "I'm 18 years old" card to him. 

Me and Sohan just sat there as we listened to them catch up with their lives and Nero also asked how their parents were. Nero is the youngest of 6 children of Mamila Denice and Daddylo Fidel, Naddie's grandparents. Growing up, I haven't met any of my grandparents from both sides as they passed away before I was born. Mamila and Daddylo are like my own grandparents as growing up, I most of the time went to Naddie's house as they used to live there. Now they moved here in the province. They started their farm business here, and I was told they live in a different house that is much closer to the farm.