14 - coming here was serendipity (unedited)

I soon found Nero sitting on a picnic-style blanket that I assume he put down. As I approached him, I noticed a basket and different plates with most of my favorite desserts. When he noticed me, he signed me to sit next to him and so I did. I glanced at his face and saw the bruises and scratches on his face. I knew who had done this to him. If Xantos and Sohan could tell, then I guess he also knew about it.

"Kuya did this to you, didn't he?" I asked him which caught him by surprise.

"No. I mean yes but I triggered him so we fought. But I also hit him- what are we talking about this?" He chuckled as he asked.

"Well, does it hurt?" I tried to touch his face and he flinched. 

"I'm sorry." I apologized and he assured me it was okay.

"You know what will really help? You know when we were younger and when we have scratched out parents would kiss it and somehow it feels better after." He joked. I slapped his arm as I glared at him.

"So-" Before he could finish what he was going to say, I gave him a small peck on his cheek. It caught him off guard and he stopped functioning for a while. His ears matched the redness on my cheek. My heart was beating so fast when I realized how close our faces were to each other. We were having a mini staring contest when I couldn't help but glance at his lips. I caught his smirk before he closes the gap between us and kissed me like there was no tomorrow.

We kissed for I don't know how long but I know we were having a full make-out session as when we pulled away we were running out of breath. We laugh it off before he kissed my forehead as he pulled me in for a hug. We cuddled in silence before he broke the silence with a question.

"So, We already kissed. We're cuddling right now. So what are we?"

"Humans." I joked. When I saw him grunt I chuckled before kissing him.

"That's my answer."

.
.

The moment we became officially together, we couldn't be separated from each other. Kuya had to go back to the city that night so he still have no idea about me and Nero. When I told Naddie she was so happy for me, but she didn't like the thought of me being her future tita-in-law which I blushed at the thought of. Naddie didn't waste a second as soon s she found out the whole farm knew about us including Mamila and Daddylo. Both of them were supported in our relationship. Samuel was against the idea as he feel weird seeing us dating and he was against the thought of me being his Tita and that I'll be stealing Nero from him. I knew he didn't mean any of that and he was just joking around.

There is only a week left before our volunteer community service ends. Eventually, I have to go back to the city, leaving Nero along with everyone else here. I shrugged that thought as I didn't want to spread the remaining time worrying about that. I wanted to live in the moment. All week I did all kinds of different dates with Nero. Although there were times we have to separate because I needed to finish my work but the pros of dating my boss are that he can see me even when I'm still working. I could tell how annoyed everyone else was in our PDA and I already warned Nero about it but he couldn't care less. He wanted to spend time with me.

"Okay, that's enough love birds. You've had Shang all to yourself all week. Time to give her back to me, lover boy."  Naddie pulled me away from Nero. 

We did this dramatic trying to reach each other as Naddie pulled me away. I could hear Naddie sigh which made me laugh a little. Naddie brought me to Mamila's house and we made our way to the back. Mamila was so happy to see us. They were decorating the place because Mamila will throw this new year party. Even the people from the town that they're friends with are coming. So it will be a big party. We decided to help and by the time we finished, it was already dark outside. Naddie decided to sleep in her room here so Nero took me home.