03 - from a perfect to a pity party.

I'm screwed. I was so preoccupied with birthday preparations that I forgot we still had examinations today. I guess I'll fail yet another class. Great. But do I really care? I'm still going to graduate, whether I passed or not; we pay the school to let us graduate. A failing subject will merely necessitate that I complete a project or something in order to pass. I'll worry about it later. A girl's 18th birthday is more important as a senior in high school. College is the real deal, and I planned to skip it because I wanted to establish my own company, perhaps a shop or a nightclub. These positions do not need a college diploma. I can borrow money from my parents and simply repay them later. Oh my gosh, that's the most brilliant idea I've ever come up with.

"Miss Torejas." Sir Nicholas, our Class Advisor, yelled my name as soon as I got close to the doorway.

"Yes, sir?" I turn my head around, not wanting to hear what he has to say next.

He said nothing and simply motioned for me to come. I sighed and did as I was instructed, bracing myself for an earful from him. But, fortunately, I have a way out of this.

"Sir, do you know my birthday is coming up? It's on the 3rd of December. This weekend actually, and it'll be delightful for you to come!"I tried to keep my grin but it quickly faded as he handed me a piece of paper with a lot of information on it. What drew my eye was the large font that said "remedial class" at the top of the paper. My mouth dropped open, my eyes widened and I was stuck in place.

During this break, I made arrangements with Suho. I'm not going to be in remedial class! I need to come up with something quick!

"Is there any alternative?" I asked, hoping for at least a small miracle that might help me get out of this.

"There is. A volunteered community service."

A what?

"One of the biggest sponsors in our school opened a volunteer community service to their farm. You will work there voluntarily instead of sitting in for remedial classes. That's the only alternative I can give you, Miss Torejas."

"A farm? You mean clean animal poop?" My face grimaced at the thought.

"That's one of the other work you'll do."

Hell no.

"Sir, I'm the only daughter of the Torejas Main Family. I'm the unica hija of one of the most powerful families in the city. You can't expect me to clean farm animals' poop!"

"So I guess remedial class it is. But in case you change your mind, here's my number."

"I'll settle for the remedial class. Thank you." I grabbed the paper with his number written on it and excused myself.

.
.

During the break from the photoshoot, I kept a frown on my face. We had to retake my shots because I didn't look well in most of them. Few people noticed how depressed I was, so I feigned a grin to tell them that I was alright.

I dashed to Suho's flat, where he was living temporarily, as soon as the shoot was finished. He greeted me with open arms and opened the door for me.

"Is your shoot over? You should've told me." My arms were still locked around his waist as he cupped my face with his palms.

"Bad news. I'm being put in remedial classes." I cried.

"What?" When I presented him with the document, his reaction was unexpected. As he read what was written on it, he laughed. I took back the paper and scowled at him.

"It's not funny." I pouted.

"Aw, you poor thing." He hugged me but I could still hear him snickering.