13 - realizing my feelings too late (unedited)

Christmas was just around the corner and everyone started to decorate the place. Mamila is holding a Christmas Party for everyone on the farm. For both her family and workers. We are now gathered at Mamila and Daddylo's house to do an exchange gift. There are only a few of us left on the farm as some of the workers took the holiday break to spend Christmas at their homes. Nero finally got better with his wounds recovering quicker than expected. Mamila was so relieved Nero getting better. And also, she's doing great also knowing that Nero is out of danger now.

I decided to not join the mini gathering with the excuse of I wasn't feeling well. I let Kuya draw my Secret Santa as I won't be going. Naddie kept on asking me why I was feeling unwell but I keep on avoiding her question. She eventually gave up and let me be. I've been staring at the ceiling for may an hour or two when I suddenly hear noises outside. I looked out my window and saw Nero and Anika laughing about something. They look good together.

I guess I'm happy for them. As I stare longer, I couldn't help but admire Anika's beauty. She really is very gorgeous. No wonder Nero picked her out of the other girls. What could I even compare to her? She looks like a very caring and kind person. She's a perfect match for Nero. But why do I feel jealous? I mean I don't even like Nero. Why do I hate thinking about them being together?

I was spacing out when I notice that Anika was nowhere in sight, instead, I found Nero staring at me with a smirk. I panic and squat down and tried to hide when he already saw me. Why am I even hiding, I didn't do anything wrong. I heard a knock on my door and before I could even stand up, it opened with Nero rushing inside and quickly closing the door behind him. I was so confused when he gently helped me up and whispered something in my ear.

"Don't tell your brother, I'm here." Right after he said that I heard my brother calling my name. Nero then opened the cabinet and fit himself inside. When I heard heavy footsteps, panicked making me help Nero. The moment I shut the cabinet close, the door through the room burst open.

"I thought something happened. Didn't you hear me call your name?"

"I just woke up sorry." I lied.

"Here." He handed me a paper which I assume is my Secret Santa. After giving it to me, he left my room and Naddie followed after.

"I need to tell you something." I was starting to freak out as whenever Naddie wanted to tell me something, it'll end up two hours at most. I'm worried that Nero would be suffocated to death.

"What's with the face you're making?" She asked when she noticed the worried expression on my face. Samn it, why am I bad at not showing my emotions? I'm like an open book easy to read.

I then heard a creaking sound and I immediately turn my head and saw that Nero was trying to get out. When Naddie saw recognized him, she looked at me and then back to him. When a smirk started to form on her lips I tried explaining but Nero already dragged Naddie out.

"What are you trying to do?" I whisper-shout at him.

"I wanted to talk. You've been avoiding me these days."

It's true. I purposely avoided him after what happened to his room that day. I couldn't bear the pain I was feeling whenever I see the two of them being all lovey-dovey. And I hated feeling this way. It's making me look weak. I can't let a guy make me look pathetic. I'm Reverie Saoirse Torejas, I cried to a boy once and I'm not going to waste my tears because of them ever again.

"We don't have anything to talk to. If you won't get out I'm calling my brother to drag you out." I warned him.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Ku-" He use his hand to cover my mouth to prevent me from calling my brother out. It took me by surprise that my brain stopped functioning. I could feel his breath and it made me realize that our faces are only an inch apart. My heart was doing these weird back tumbling and my stomach feel like I had just read a rollercoaster. I tried to back away but he took that opportunity to take a step forward. This continued until my back hit the wall.