12 - the heart screamed his name (unedited)

Nero got into an accident. I don't know how it happened but I was just talking with Mamila when Xantos called her and told us the news of Nero's accident. Panic came to Mamila's mind and I tried so hard to calm her down. It was hard as I was also panicking, luckily Sohan and Samuel came in time. It was raining hard in the afternoon and Nero took the risk to go into town to buy medicine as I caught a cold. I told him I was fine and it was a small cold but he insisted. After hearing the bad news, guilt took over my body.

"They couldn't find Tito Nero. He might've fallen into a cliff." Samuel whispered to Daddylo. I was loud enough for me to hear but to my relief, Mamila didn't hear them.

"I'll go and help look for him," Daddylo said but Samuel wasn't a fan of the idea. He was worried about Mamila, if Daddylo will go out, Mamila will surely can't take it.

"It's fine, Lo. I and the other workers will go find him." Samuel assured him.

"I'll go to," I said which caught everyone's attention.

"No. It's too dangerous." Sohan said with a serious tone.

"I'm going. I was the reason why he was in that accident. I have to take responsibility." I insisted.

"You're still sick. You're staying."

"I'm going." Me and Sohan were having a staring contest but due to my determination, he looked away and finally allowed me to go.

"But you're staying in the car." I just agreed but really, I'm a very stubborn person. There's no way I'm going to just sit there and do nothing.

When we got to the accident site, we spotted Xantos and other rescue workers. Sohan and Samuel got out of the car, with Sohan reminding me to stay in the car. I nodded and told him that I would behave. But I was crossing my fingers when I said that.

When they started looking for Nero, I took advantage of the opportunity and snuck out of the car and back to where we came from. On the way here, I came upon a little cabin in the midst of the forest. Something was tugging at me to go check there. I discovered it nearby where the car was, so I still have to go all the way there. I was drenched in the rain, but I didn't care. Nero was all I could think of. When the shaft came into view, I began to make my way down. Fortunately, there was a better path down, but owing to the heavy rain, it was so slick that I slid halfway down. My back hurt so much, but when I realized how near the shaft was, I didn't waste time and sprinted for it. I entered the shaft while yelling Nero's name. When I didn't see anyone, I didn't give up and kept calling for him. When I stepped outside to yell his name, I was shocked when I noticed someone wrapping their arms around my waist from behind.

"I'm here." He muttered. I turned around and wrapped my arms around him. As his other hand remained wrapped around my waist, I felt his hand stroke my hair.

"I thought we lost you." I sobbed.

"Tahan na." He attempted to console me, but that only made me weep harder. I felt him smile, and it made my chest feel strange. ~~~~

"Nero!" Xantos's voice made me pull away from the hug. It wasn't long before they found us. When Sohan spotted me, he immediately ran to me and gave me a warm towel as he held an umbrella for me.

"I told you to stay in the car." Instead of getting angry, his tone was worried and disappointed.

" I couldn't just sit there and do nothing." My tone on the other hand was angry and tired.

"Let's get you in the hospital," Xantos told Nero but he was being stubborn and was against it.

"Let's go back to my house." He insisted.